Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confederate & Union Battery / Artillery Thread

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Given the fact that artillery isn't even a thing yet in this endeavor it's no wonder. The same applies for Cavalry, there are not very many of those units either, for the same reason.

But then having said that, and read so many comments and discussions about what a Gun crew should be composed of I sense that the average, and maybe the not so average, or less than average gamer thinks that artillery is dull and boring. General misconceptions that artillery can be manned by two players minimum, or even one, and the like indicate people do not have an appreciation for the career artillerist.

In most games of this nature, player stats are usually counted by personal kills. Players don't want to play a part of a game where they're not getting "points" to some purpose. But the developers have stated that statistics like that are not going to be kept. So individuals won't have a reason for bragging rights in the forums as being the hottest shot in the community. So with the knowledge that players aren't racking up points, I would suspect that for the purposes of authenticity, we might find more players joining artillery units in the future.

Right now, Infantry is all that can be played. So everyone plays infantry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    Even more reason to promote the Artillery aspect of the game! Getting people the take some time to read about the history and the actual work those guys had to do. Team work team work team work!

I am sure there are more Artillery crazy people out there like me, Thomas and Apple. And slowly Batteries are being formed and getting at the 10 marker!

I have aspirations toward the artillery role, but joined up Infantry since it will be playable first. I also think without knowing all the details of playing Artillery it maybe boring or dull for some. As for myself I understand team work and dedication to a task or role even though you may not see or know the results of your hard work. I would hope that the guns will need to be manned by the correct amount to be effective, Im no student of the time but I think 3 was the number? If 2 or 1 is used okay but that gun rate of fire should be extreme. I would also hate for guns to be captured due to lack of man power to operate or protect them. I would not mind seeing the guns spawning in control of the commander if he only has 6 men to operate them he will release 2 guns and not waste more as more come to man the guns the commander will release additional artillery. Just thoughts no big whoop.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMerc View Post
    I have aspirations toward the artillery role, but joined up Infantry since it will be playable first. I also think without knowing all the details of playing Artillery it maybe boring or dull for some. As for myself I understand team work and dedication to a task or role even though you may not see or know the results of your hard work. I would hope that the guns will need to be manned by the correct amount to be effective, Im no student of the time but I think 3 was the number? If 2 or 1 is used okay but that gun rate of fire should be extreme. I would also hate for guns to be captured due to lack of man power to operate or protect them. I would not mind seeing the guns spawning in control of the commander if he only has 6 men to operate them he will release 2 guns and not waste more as more come to man the guns the commander will release additional artillery. Just thoughts no big whoop.
    I think about 3 or 4 manning the Canon and then you have your nco and officers. I don't think they will implement each actual role into the game. Because was actually a lot of guys working at a single battery.

I would suggest a future with our connected battery the Richmond howitzers. and for a good talk about the battery the captain is a reenactor in a civil war battery. And the 1St lt is actually in the current Richmond howitzer battery! Renamed of course to the current army structure but the history goes all the way back to the civil war. Some great people with knowledge. And connected to the brigade

CSA Captain

Arty / Cav. will miss out alot if they dont play Inf. now. I really shouldnt have to explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMerc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Arty / Cav. will miss out alot if they dont play Inf. now. I really shouldnt have to explain this.
    Well true those who have access now will hop on as infantry what else can they do.
    And even with the final release if you are a infantry man you can hop on the open events and play as a Artillery member
    Other way around is also possible if you are in a Battery you can hop on the open events play as a infantry member

So either way you are never missing out!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    100% true.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Colonel

I totally agree Captain Rawlings. The 38th NC Company K is a great infantry unit to join. In the future men who want to be attached can form a battery at the battalion level like Hampton's Legion did in the war.
    DEO VENDICE

Any one know about the flag of this unit?

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Are the Devs going to create artillery units in the game? If so, I would find artillery appealing.

Ringgold Light Artillery Also known as the “First Defend*ers". Instead of me typing everything why not share the link about my hometown artillery unit.
    http://www.berkshistory.org/multimed...t-defenders-2/