Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medics

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    No, I know, but note how I worded it. All this AI has to do is follow one of a few a pre set paths, detect any nearby bodies, then just walk straight towards it and play an animation when it reaches it's target. While still work, an AI like that would barely be even thinking for itself if it weren't for the detection part. It also doesn't have to worry about tactics, formations, or so much as aiming or reloading.
    Scripting a working AI is way more then that. You can't set some "pre set paths", cause the battlefields are huge and have tons of objects, which might cause pathfinding problems. Fences, houses, 20.000 trees and more

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    No, I know, but note how I worded it. All this AI has to do is follow one of a few a pre set paths, detect any nearby bodies, then just walk straight towards it and play an animation when it reaches it's target. While still work, an AI like that would barely be even thinking for itself if it weren't for the detection part. It also doesn't have to worry about tactics, formations, or so much as aiming or reloading.
    David just leave it. you have had 2 Devs say no.

-Mac
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?761-28th-Regiment-Massachusetts-Volunteer-Infantry-Company-A

No. ill say it again. No. No. and No.
    Private 1st Premier Brigade Celtique

USA General of the Army

- Thread closed as further discussion is pointless on this topic.