Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help game wont start

Help game wont start

I just joined and installed the game. Upon launching the game I am brought to the main menu where I can select "join server", a list opens and only one server comes up "Union drill camp", with zero players (lol). I select the server and click on join. A loading screen comes up which at first is in black and white, and slowly fades into a full color picture. At this point, however the screen switches to just a black screen and all sounds go away. And I am then stuck.

What am I doing / not doing ???

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

What are your system specs?

(Moved to Alpha section)

Edit: Moved back to General. I didn't notice you hadn't gotten your badge yet. I apologize.
    Last edited by Rithal; 03-01-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

Please don't move threads created by owners that haven't set their captain badge and thus can't post in the alpha section to the alpha section.

- Trusty

Intel i5-2500k @ 3.30 Ghz
    16 Gb Ram
    Radeon R9 390 graphics

what is a badge?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Krullgore View Post
    what is a badge?
    I do believe that the 'badge' in this instance is the rank that you bought, and as an example next to my name, there is a captain badge.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    If this is your very first time loading the game, it may take quite a bit of time to transfer the graphics to your system and then compile them. I suggest starting the game, then go find something to do for an hour or so, then come back and check the progress.

how do I get the badge? I bought the Major level

Quote Originally Posted by Krullgore View Post
    how do I get the badge? I bought the Major level
    Check in here:
    https://warofrights.com/Crowdfunding_RequestUUID

There you can set up your badge.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Reviewing your system specs, you definitely should meet the requirements to run War of Rights. You can try waiting for it to load again, and if that absolutely will not work you can try to verify your game cache. To do this if you don't know:

-right click War of Rights in you Steam library > properties > local files > Verify Integrity Of Game Files

After you've done this, try to run the game and be patient when its starting up. It may take some time.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia