Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do pledge reward guns work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do pledge reward guns work?

Is it just an insta-unlock of a weapon others will have to unlock in game or is it special and only the people who pledged get said firearm?

CSA Captain

Welcome to the WoR forums!

Only the people who pledged for tier-reward firearms will ever get them, they will not be available for others. At least from what I understand. The pledge firearms will be "equippable" upon the game's release.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Awesome, will be pledging shortly.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Welcome to the WoR forums!

Only the people who pledged for tier-reward firearms will ever get them, they will not be available for others. At least from what I understand. The pledge firearms will be "equippable" upon the game's release.
    So with that idea in mind, what uniform will the 11th Mississippi and the 79th New York be wearing if you do not own those tiers? Since they are a part of different tiers and if you don't own the tier that is equivalent or higher?
    Last edited by Saris; 01-31-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Maybe that will simply be one of the uniform variants or something?

Also when it says everything above, if one was to say order Major would they also get all the guns from the lower ranks? Figured it does but better safe than sorry.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by pandatoby117 View Post
    Maybe that will simply be one of the uniform variants or something?

Also when it says everything above, if one was to say order Major would they also get all the guns from the lower ranks? Figured it does but better safe than sorry.
    I'm not exactly sure, I imagine they will have to stick with a less fancy uniform perhaps, or at least one that was common. In the Confederacy, uniforms weren't always very "uniform."

Yes, you get all lower rank rewards as well.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    So with that idea in mind, what uniform will the 11th Mississippi and the 79th New York be wearing if you do not own those tiers? Since they are a part of different tiers and if you don't own the tier that is equivalent or higher?
    They will wear the more common Uniforms of the Regiment.

The Tartan and Glengarry of the 79th hardly existed by the Maryland Campaign and only a few had them, Same for the 11th's special Uniform. The 79th went on to wear standard Union Uniform and I assume the 11th went on to wear standard Confederate Uniforms or at least another type of Uniform.

It's to make the game more accurate and so you don't have a whole 79th Company wearing Tartan Trews and Glengarry's etc.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

The Tartan and Glengarry of the 79th hardly existed by the Maryland Campaign and only a few had them, Same for the 11th's special Uniform. The 79th went on to wear standard Union Uniform and I assume the 11th went on to wear standard Confederate Uniforms or at least another type of Uniform.

It's to make the game more accurate and so you don't have a whole 79th Company wearing Tartan Trews and Glengarry's etc.
    Exactly. Weren't the Zouave uniforms a rare site by Sept. 1862 as well?
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

Not to mention that the tartans were more of a Dress Parade uniform, and not a fatigue uniform. Also all those special uniforms, both Zouave and Highlanders, and etc., were way more expensive to manufacture so in order to cut costs and keep everyone looking similar, the various war departments issued uniform codes and uniforms for their various soldiers. And as was said, by 1862, pretty much any "specialty" uniform was non existent

USA Lieutenant General

As stated only those that pledge will ever get these items EVER! Which means when the pledge is gone they are gone for good not even those that buy steam early access from what I was told will get these items. As for the uniforms that you pledge for. Those that do not pledge that tier will not get those uniform and when playing that specific unit will either get a less fancy uniform or just a standard confederate uniform or union uniform.
    - Kyle
    Last edited by Kyle422; 01-31-2017 at 06:24 AM.