Thread: A few queries

A few queries

Hi all I was an original kickstarter backer and now I have a better PC i have upped my pledge and tried the technical alpha. I love what I have seen so far but as I was playing a few questions popped up. Sorry if these have been asked before, I checked the FAQ and browsed the forum first.

Firstly if I don't want to use a headset will the game feature a way to issue or respond to orders via a key to produce a canned response such as "yes", "no", "go there" etc?

Secondly I worry I will not have the time to devote to companies as they seem to demand practice sessions which may be in different time zones (I am in the UK), will the game be playable in it's full form if I am not a member of a company?

Lastly I am sure this has already come up but if no bots are to be implemented in the game how will player numbers be kept up on servers in the long run?

Many thanks in advance and apologies again if I am going over old ground.

USA Captain

For your first question: I suppose the chat is always an option, though perhaps not as quick as a hotkey.

Second question: I do believe the emphasise of the game lies on working together in a company, however time-zones shouldn't be an issue when considering whether to join one or not. There are plenty of European based companies out there (my own company included).

Can't help you with the third question I'm afraid but I hope to have shed at least a little bit of light on the first two.

Many thanks for your swift reply. I am not adverse to playing in a company with others I just worry about the time commitment involved.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyingsasquatch View Post
    Many thanks for your swift reply. I am not adverse to playing in a company with others I just worry about the time commitment involved.
    I am sure you can find a more casual European company if you look.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

My only thoughts on your last question, "how are player numbers going to be kept up?" would be that one way is through events. This is especially true for the Technical Alpha, since it is limited access. As the game updates and gets released, I imagine there will be no shortage of people on any given server.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot