Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for a Cavalry Regiment

CSA Secretary of War

Suggestion for a Cavalry Regiment

I don't know if it is possible at this time or not, but I was looking over all the regiments you guys have put in so far, and realized a possibly cool addition?

My family fought for the South during the war, and I have LOTS of stories and actual items from the war that my great uncle saved from his family who passed it to him. I know for a fact my ancestor Samuel Read was part of the 4th Virginia Volunteer Cavalry Regiment. The company he was in was known as the "Black Horse Troop" from Fauquier County Virginia. The regiment fought in many of the famous battles of the war, including Antietam. I will link the wiki page for it, but regardless of if you guys implement it or not, just thought it would be cool to share a little bit of my families history and ties to the war!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Virginia_Cavalry

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerstuds View Post
    I don't know if it is possible at this time or not, but I was looking over all the regiments you guys have put in so far, and realized a possibly cool addition?

My family fought for the South during the war, and I have LOTS of stories and actual items from the war that my great uncle saved from his family who passed it to him. I know for a fact my ancestor Samuel Read was part of the 4th Virginia Volunteer Cavalry Regiment. The company he was in was known as the "Black Horse Troop" from Fauquier County Virginia. The regiment fought in many of the famous battles of the war, including Antietam. I will link the wiki page for it, but regardless of if you guys implement it or not, just thought it would be cool to share a little bit of my families history and ties to the war!

Wow that is really awesome man. I wish I knew more about my ancestors. Thanks for sharing!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

If the unit fought at Antietam, you can count on it being included in the game at some point. That is however operating under the assumption that cavalry is included.
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Rithal View Post
    If the unit fought at Antietam, you can count on it being included in the game at some point. That is however operating under the assumption that cavalry is included.
    They did say that cavalry and artillery is to be added right before the game's release, I believe.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

USA Lieutenant General

That's interesting! I'm glad you shared that. I love learning about others ancestors since I am so passionate about mine myself. I had a relative who fought as a private in the 30th Ohio Infantry, not sure what company, and he died in 1863 so I am sure it was either from infection or in battle. Regardless, it's neat to learn about everyone's links, in fact me and A_P_Hill, (The User) Share an ancestor which I find very fascinating!

I'd love to read one of your stories!

CSA Secretary of War

Thanks for all the feed back! I am hopefully and eager to see what they do. As for the stories, I will happily oblige! They are best told in person, since I am well known for using my body to talk more than my voice! But I will endeavor to do my best and write one up sometime soon.

CSA Captain

Thanks for all the feed back! I am hopefully and eager to see what they do. As for the stories, I will happily oblige! They are best told in person, since I am well known for using my body to talk more than my voice! But I will endeavor to do my best and write one up sometime soon.
    That's what YouTube is for!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings

CSA Secretary of War

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    That's what YouTube is for!
    True! Although I dunno if I want to broadcast myself on youtube lol. Perhaps though, perhaps!

CSA Captain

True! Although I dunno if I want to broadcast myself on youtube lol. Perhaps though, perhaps!
    I hear you, I never have.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings