Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to help familiarize with problems of a first person shooter like this.

USA Major

Suggestion to help familiarize with problems of a first person shooter like this.

This is probably something the developers have done but just in case it was overlooked.

Get an account on World War II Online: Europe, and play a while every week on it. Account is free right now for first levels.

WW II may have been the first online first person shooter simulation type game. They have over many years struggled with the problems of how to handle players in the roll of individual soldiers fighting enemy player soldiers. Addressing many of the same problems you will have too to get this game working.

USA Brigadier General

It's a different time setting for one, and even then i don't think the developers can do much to stop lone soldiers from running off on there own. I do however find it more beneficial to try and stay with your allies as you can be easily killed by a friend or foe, and you aren't as effective by yourself

Another point would be, is that servers(once private servers are available) the admins of said servers will use some sort of punishment to discourage any kind of gameplay that their community or group of individuals have deemed as breaking the rules.

This final point goes hand in hand with the last point, but for events(when PvP events start up) The admins will slay, kick, ban, or whatever option is available to someone who doesn't stick to their guidelines, and if you were to participate in one of these events it's more likely than not that you'd be involved in a company, to which your leaders would get mad if you ran off and did your own thing instead of working more with your unit.

Edit: i do however find WW2 online to be fun from time to time and i played with Kyle and Rhett back when the 23rdNC was a thing

I think the big problem of this game is that it will not be fun. It is quite clear from the developers that this game is made with historical accuracy in mind. However, there should be a fun factor for the game. As from what I have seen from the gameplay video and my experience from the game itself, it seems rather clunky and boring. Howevee, I should not judge due to it being in EA, and changes can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Howevee, I should not judge due to it being in EA, and changes can be made.
    The game has not even reached early access yet with nearly ALL!!! important gameplay features missing!
    Its not fair to judge a plain technical alpha, with a handfull of basic features ingame yet

USA Lieutenant General

Like honestly, you're judging the game off of technical alpha which for one is just ignorant in my personal opinion. Secondly it's unfair to judge a game you haven't played for yourself. It is in too early of a stage to start bashing all of it's qualities. Just my belief..

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    This is probably something the developers have done but just in case it was overlooked.

Get an account on World War II Online: Europe, and play a while every week on it. Account is free right now for first levels.

WW II may have been the first online first person shooter simulation type game. They have over many years struggled with the problems of how to handle players in the roll of individual soldiers fighting enemy player soldiers. Addressing many of the same problems you will have too to get this game working.
    It is indeed entertaining whenever a post is made that attempts to offer advice in this condescending of a manner, as if the developers don't have any direction in mind for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by [WoR] Kiff View Post
    Like honestly, you're judging the game off of technical alpha which for one is just ignorant in my personal opinion. Secondly it's unfair to judge a game you haven't played for yourself. It is in too early of a stage to start bashing all of it's qualities. Just my belief..
    But I have played the game, and the aiming, moving, and UI was all so slow and confusing. I am aware it is in alpha, but I am pointing out what is up with it.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    But I have played the game, and the aiming, moving, and UI was all so slow and confusing. I am aware it is in alpha, but I am pointing out what is up with it.
    It is based off of historical accuracy. If you're looking for an easy non time consuming game and one that doesn't take much dedication this might not be the one for you.

Nevermind everything else you said, how is the UI in this game confusing?

It is likely the simplest UI I know of.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png