Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: American war of Inderpendance next please :)

But...to be very honest. I'm no businessman or entrepreneur or whateaver. Wouldn't a fairly well made game about something outside WWII,modern warfare and future warfare,at worst,draw a lot of attention from the FPS community?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    I would love to see other wars as well, I love the thought of the American Civil War, but things such as Japanese Civil War(Boshin War I think it's called) Revolution, War of 1812, Great Northern War, Seven Years War(French and Indian War) and plenty of others that i'm sure would be great.

However I'm more excited to see the entire civil war be covered or most of the Major Battles
    The Boshin War might make a good expansion to War of Rights, if the game is successful. The Boshin War was only a few years after the American Civil War. The devs would be stretching their commitment to historical accuracy, though, because less than 5,000 people died in it. It would be strange to try to make a historically accurate game about a conflict that was relatively bloodless.

First Sergeant Wesley Duckett
    Company Sharpshooter

Company K, 38th North Carolina Infantry
    "The Carolina Boys"

Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Kar98 View Post
    But...to be very honest. I'm no businessman or entrepreneur or whateaver. Wouldn't a fairly well made game about something outside WWII,modern warfare and future warfare,at worst,draw a lot of attention from the FPS community?
    That is a good point, however, the developers do not realize that, as they think that their demographic of younger children would find it rather boring. Let's hope BF1 ends this trend...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    That is a good point, however, the developers do not realize that, as they think that their demographic of younger children would find it rather boring. Let's hope BF1 ends this trend...
    Sure, if you wish to put a hidtorical skin on game mechanics identical to a normal modern shooter (like BF1 really only was) I'm sure you can please the majority of the crowd. Don't expect big companies to do authentic old warfare FPS titles though as it would ailienate most of their audience (just wanting a "normal" feeling shooter on their console).

- Trusty

More civil war campaigns will make me happy!

15th Alabama Company G
    15th Alabama Company H
    15th Alabama Company I
    Part of Ewell's Division

Family members:
    Confederate
    Schuller, August TX 8th Cavalry Battalion C
    Schuller, Charles F. TX 2nd Infantry Regiment D
    Schuller, Charles J. TX 2nd Infantry Regiment D
    Schuller, Jacob TX 2nd Infantry Regiment F
    Schuller, John TX 16th Infantry Regiment F
    Schuller, T. TX 2nd Infantry Regiment F

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Sure, if you wish to put a hidtorical skin on game mechanics identical to a normal modern shooter (like BF1 really only was) I'm sure you can please the majority of the crowd. Don't expect big companies to do authentic old warfare FPS titles though as it would ailienate most of their audience (just wanting a "normal" feeling shooter on their console).

- Trusty
    Hate to say it.. I agree Stinks that it has to be that way though.

Quote Originally Posted by [WoR] Kiff View Post
    Hate to say it.. I agree Stinks that it has to be that way though.
    I don't think that's TOO bad. It would be interesting to see how you could take a historical time period, and make a game out of it.

Plus, taking the realism route should not be the main focus. The mass market would be very frustrated playing a game that does not have anything for them at all. What's the point of playing the game if you don't even understand anything going on?
    Last edited by Jack Clock; 02-17-2017 at 06:01 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    I don't think that's TOO bad. It would be interesting to see how you could take a historical time period, and make a game out of it.
    True

Besides, education does not have to equal realism. Verdun is an arcadey shooter where you can B-hop around the map as a Canadian soldier with a Ross Rifle, or as a British soldier with a Lewis gun on a map where only French people fought. And yet, that was the game that got me interested in WW1. I imagine BF1 did the same thing for many kids in my history class (as well as me, lol. I'm pretty much a third teacher there).

Btw good morning from Southern California!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeCrecy View Post
    How am I supposed to compete with Andy Williams let alone Man of La Mancha? You win dear sir.
    Not quite sure myself ... but your offer of surrender is accepted.

---

Psst Trusty, best run yer spell check.