Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Capturing the Colors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSA Lieutenant General

Capturing the Colors

I made sure to go through each individual thread to try and find the answer to this, so i apologize if the question has indeed already been answered.

Will there be a chance further on in the development of the game, were we will be capable of capturing an enemy units colors?

I understand that this is not a priority, but the question has been on my mind for quite some time.

Thank you,
    Pvt. Martin Brockenbrough's Battery A, I Corps

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin
    15th Alabama Infantry, Company E.
    Southern Cross of Honor Recipient

Personal Service Record
    U.S. ARMY SSGT. 11B20/2B/B4/5U
    6 Years Active Duty
    x2 Combat Deployments in OEF
    1-12 INF, 4th/2nd IBCT, 4ID

Hope when that option does get in the game every captured flag will be placed in our company tool as a achievement, not for points just for glory.

CSA Captain

as far as i understood it, the colors will act as a spawn-point...therefore it would make sense that the colors can be captured rather than being "destroyed"
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    as far as i understood it, the colors will act as a spawn-point...therefore it would make sense that the colors can be captured rather than being "destroyed"
    That's the first I've heard that, but makes perfect sense. Maybe make it where you have to return it to a certain area and the enemy recive some sort of time/ticket penalty. If that's how the system is gonna work of course.

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin

Personal Service Record
    6 Years Active Duty

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st LT. Martin T. View Post
    That's the first I've heard that, but makes perfect sense. Maybe make it where you have to return it to a certain area and the enemy recive some sort of time/ticket penalty. If that's how the system is gonna work of course.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...ght=spawnpoint

CSA Lieutenant General

Thanks CAPT! Must have missed that one.

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin

Personal Service Record
    6 Years Active Duty

USA Brigadier General

From what i understand, in the earlier reports on Flags and their uses, it was said they could be used as a mobile spawn point of sorts, so that if you died you wouldn't wouldn't need to respawn on the other side of the map and would be able to regroup with your unit. As for it's purpose currently, well...it looks nice.

It's also possible i'm wrong and nobody from the dev team or mod team or wherever said this, but i read about it back in June-July, when the whole craze over captains and Majors getting the Tech-alpha was a thing

CSA Captain

Interesting stuff would like to know more on this if it does become a thing. A spawn point make sense if the colors is under your control and in the hands of your flag bearer. What if it is dropped?, Can it be picked up by another?, What if it is captured? I would expect in the case of being captured you lose that spawn point ability and the side that does get the flag it would be nice at end of match stats show how many flags captured if only for bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMerc View Post
    Interesting stuff would like to know more on this if it does become a thing. A spawn point make sense if the colors is under your control and in the hands of your flag bearer. What if it is dropped?, Can it be picked up by another?, What if it is captured? I would expect in the case of being captured you lose that spawn point ability and the side that does get the flag it would be nice at end of match stats show how many flags captured if only for bragging rights.
    https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate8

This is from way back. But indeed your last few questions are indeed interesting! I would love us to capture a flag and have that as bragging rights in our tool.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_Confederate View Post
    https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate8

This is from way back. But indeed your last few questions are indeed interesting! I would love us to capture a flag and have that as bragging rights in our tool.
    Same!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot