Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Capturing the Colors

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_Confederate View Post
    https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate8

This is from way back. But indeed your last few questions are indeed interesting! I would love us to capture a flag and have that as bragging rights in our tool.
    Thanks for the link interesting stuff, New so have alot of reading to do still. Im loving the devs videos and the actual combat and death animations very promising.

What's the point of taking the enemy's colors anyway?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7NsdNHwq8

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

CSA Lieutenant General

I would think

1. Since the Colors act as a spawn point, it could cause the entire company to have to re-spawn at their main spawning area, Instead of being able to reinforce instantly.

2. Capturing an enemy's colors back then was regarded as a very courageous and prestigious act just as it was in past wars, as well as being completely devastating to the losing units moral, and a major boost to the capturing units.

Its just something small that i think would add even more excitement to an already excellent game.
    Pvt. Martin Brockenbrough's Battery A, I Corps

In honor of:
    Sgt. Benjamin J. Martin
    15th Alabama Infantry, Company E.
    Southern Cross of Honor Recipient

Personal Service Record
    U.S. ARMY SSGT. 11B20/2B/B4/5U
    6 Years Active Duty
    x2 Combat Deployments in OEF
    1-12 INF, 4th/2nd IBCT, 4ID

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by 1st LT. Martin T. View Post
    I would think

1. Since the Colors act as a spawn point, it could cause the entire company to have to re-spawn at their main spawning area, Instead of being able to reinforce instantly.

2. Capturing an enemy's colors back then was regarded as a very courageous and prestigious act just as it was in past wars, as well as being completely devastating to the losing units moral, and a major boost to the capturing units.

Its just something small that i think would add even more excitement to an already excellent game.

To add but a bit off topic, Capturing enemy swords from fallen or captured officers I believe was done also. Not saying it should be in game (wink, devs? ) but just saying.
    Last edited by LoneMerc; 02-23-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    ... Just thoughts no big Whoop ...

Private. LoneMerc
    5th Alabama, Company A. (The Clark County Rifles)

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMerc View Post
    To add but a bit off topic, Capturing enemy swords from fallen or captured officers I believe was done also. Not saying it should be in game (wink, devs? ) but just saying.
    Well even further on that. Total statistics on the battle. So no individual kills but company stats and captured items flags and maybe swords. That would be cool

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_Confederate View Post
    Well even further on that. Total statistics on the battle. So no individual kills but company stats and captured items flags and maybe swords. That would be cool
    indeed
    ... Just thoughts no big Whoop ...

Private. LoneMerc
    5th Alabama, Company A. (The Clark County Rifles)

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LoneMerc View Post
    You knnow thats not a bad point actually. If a "campaign" feature is to be added, will it be possible to capture enemy firearms and ammunition to be used until exhausted? I mean if I had a 1842 Springfield I'd drop that thing in a sec if I found a Sharpes with some ammo!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

How about this:

If you capture a enemy flag (spawn point) the enemy spawns scattered nearby and you have a picture of their flag in the company tool.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    You knnow thats not a bad point actually. If a "campaign" feature is to be added, will it be possible to capture enemy firearms and ammunition to be used until exhausted? I mean if I had a 1842 Springfield I'd drop that thing in a sec if I found a Sharpes with some ammo!
    Your NCO's would be on you in the very next second!
    Best,
    Dman979

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb_1865 View Post
    How about this:

If you capture a enemy flag (spawn point) the enemy spawns scattered nearby and you have a picture of their flag in the company tool.
    I'd really like to see something like this. It would be cool to keep a record for bragging rights, especially if your company captured the flag of a really good company.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion