Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Praying

Praying

Religion, specially Christianity was very important and influential in the American Civil War. With that said, could a prayer command action be added? Simply folding your hands like how you would if you were praying. It would give a interesting roleplay feature for those who wish to play along with the religious aspects of the Civil War.
    Want a Confederate War of Rights Youtube Channel? Check me out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGg...FzrH8wKbsaSTcA

USA Major

The idea is cool, and i think it's easy to implement...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Captain

>Unit in combat
    >We need to hold this hill
    >Enemy charges, we hold
    >Melee ensues
    >Accidentally hit praying button because panic
    >Lone soldier praying in middle of cahotic melee.
    >Cannot cancel cause panic is still there
    >Start to pray in real life
    Last edited by KaizerLeviath; 02-16-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
    The ship has weathered every rack, the prize we sought is won,
    The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
    While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
    But O heart! heart! heart!
    O the bleeding drops of red,
    Where on the deck my Captain lies,
    Fallen cold and dead.

Segment from "O captain! My captain!" by Walt Whitman (1819-1892)

Both side was parying the same god with the same intensity, results, the side with the most guns and the most peoples did win, this is a game let us leave god out of this game, please ?!

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Senseispcc2255 View Post
    Both side was praying the same god with the same intensity, results, the side with the most guns and the most peoples did win.
    The north won because they had more people that was able pray than the south...

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1030 View Post
    Religion, specially Christianity was very important and influential in the American Civil War. With that said, could a prayer command action be added? Simply folding your hands like how you would if you were praying. It would give a interesting roleplay feature for those who wish to play along with the religious aspects of the Civil War.
    Hi Arawn1030,

I think that if a company felt the need to have prayer time before setting off to battle you could already have people bowing their heads using the ALT key whilst a designated company chaplain did his thing. The soldiers could even take a knee with the crouch stance. Thus, the role play option is achieved and the nervous among us (myself included) wont press the incorrect key during engagements.

Would this be enough for what you are suggesting?
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

If god should listen to the most numerous people, then rich people should be poor and poor should be rich!
    "War is only the continuation of a country politics".
    So a civil war is country politics going the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by MK81 View Post
    Hi Arawn1030,

I think that if a company felt the need to have prayer time before setting off to battle you could already have people bowing their heads using the ALT key whilst a designated company chaplain did his thing. The soldiers could even take a knee with the crouch stance. Thus, the role play option is achieved and the nervous among us (myself included) wont press the incorrect key during engagements.

Would this be enough for what you are suggesting?
    I think so. Still think a prayer action would be cool. I was more thinking on a individual base then a chaplain as a role play feature, weither you're Christian or not. But I understand the concerns maybe it would be some obscure key.
    Want a Confederate War of Rights Youtube Channel? Check me out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGg...FzrH8wKbsaSTcA

USA Brigadier General

interesting mechanic, especially for those who are religious since there were prayer sessions before the battles, such as with the Irish at gettysburg. although I wouldn't mind the game getting completed before we put more features in.

CSA Captain

I think God just prefers Catholics over Protestants.
    50th Georgia Co. C "Coffee County Guards"
    1st Lt. Soldier

Have you lived off of poor rations, dehydrated, in horrible boots and feared for your life while running half a mile and then brought your sights up? If you can answer yes to those questions I'll consider your suggestion to reduce aim sway. -Trusty
    I did shoot a deer at 100m once in 20 degree weather with Ugg's boots on and I hadn't eaten breakfast, closest I could get to your description -Me