Thread: Black screen after joined?

USA Captain

Black screen after joined?

Whenever i'm trying to join a server, i'm getting a black screen after the loading screen.

How do i fix?

Already deleted the folder and reinstalled the game.
    I have also verified the game...

MY PC does not tell me
    The graphics adapter has stopped responding
    Last edited by Inkogni; 02-15-2017 at 06:07 PM.

CSA Major

What are your PC specs?

USA Major General

New drivers downloaded for graphic card, maybe if you anti virus programms on, fix that (had some probs with bitdefender).
    Founder of the Union Army North & South
    Look at our Iron Brigade.

Add me!

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    If your system is not DirectX 11 or higher capable you won't get a display. Again your system specs are what's important here, not that the programming is flawed.

CSA Lieutenant General

I'm having the same issue and just updated to DirectX 11 a couple weeks ago. Otherwise my specs haven't changed and I was able to play prior to the Feb 11 update without issues. I can hear the music playing and my Task Manager doesn't say that it's not responding. Just the black screen. It's causing no other computer issues.
    Col. Hatcher
    Adjutant, Drayton's Brigade

In Memoriam of my Confederate Ancestors:

Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, Major William H. Forrest, Lt. Col. Aaron Forrest, Col. Jeffrey Forrest, Lt. Col. Jesse Forrest, Captain James M. Cathey, Harrison Haynes, Harper Haynes, Jopseh Martin, William G. Hatcher, John A. Hatcher, John J. Hatcher, D. Wesley Hatcher, James L. Hatcher

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchmo View Post
    I'm having the same issue and just updated to DirectX 11 a couple weeks ago. Otherwise my specs haven't changed and I was able to play prior to the Feb 11 update without issues. I can hear the music playing and my Task Manager doesn't say that it's not responding. Just the black screen. It's causing no other computer issues.
    Same, it was working fine for a bit but not anymore. Tried re-installing and it didn't fix the issue.

GTX 970, I7 Processor, DirectX11, ran this game on insane getting decent frames when I first installed it. Went back to play some more drill a couple of hours later, black screen, tried all the recommended fixes I could find on this website, none of them worked.
    Last edited by LBoland; 03-01-2017 at 12:39 PM.

I have the same issue as well. It worked perfectly fine yesterday, and I don't think anything's changed since then.

Fixed it by updating my graphics drivers.