Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Beaumont-Adams be featured?

Question Will the Beaumont-Adams be featured?

For those who do not know, the Beaumont-Adams is the world's first double-action revolver. It was created by a VERY British looking Englishman, who patented the idea of a double-action pistol in 1854, with the best and latest version made in 1858, with it's only competitor being the Kerr's patent revolver, which is kind of like a double-action weapon, but not really. So, I wanted to ask if this weapon were to be included.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7NsdNHwq8

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

USA Brigadier General

The Devs have said the weapons used by the unit will be added in, if it's just a revolver that very few people had i highly doubt that the devs would go out of their way to make it as it wasn't seen too often....they may just put it in some newspaper or something as an easter egg.

I don't think it would hurt to have it in the game, but I could see the need to not add it due to historical reasons.

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

CSA Major

I wouldn't mind seeing it as long as it was there. We already have rare weapons in the game so I wouldn't mind.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Captain

'I then found the advantages of your pistol over that of Colonel Colt's, for had I to cock before each shot I should have lost my life; but with yours, having only to pull the trigger, I was able to shoot four Russians, and therefore save my life. I should not have had time to cock, for they were too close to me, being only a few yards from me, so close that I was bayoneted through the thigh immediately after shooting the fourth man'. - Captain Joshua Crosse of the 88th Regiment of Foot (Connaught Rangers)

British Weapons are op. Devs won't allow it

I want!

-The Edgelord

USA Captain

Maybe one day we'll get a Crimean War game and then we'll definitely get to use it.

USA Lieutenant General

I'd love to see it featured. It's a beautiful looking weapon.

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Monty View Post
    'I then found the advantages of your pistol over that of Colonel Colt's, for had I to cock before each shot I should have lost my life; but with yours, having only to pull the trigger, I was able to shoot four Russians, and therefore save my life. I should not have had time to cock, for they were too close to me, being only a few yards from me, so close that I was bayoneted through the thigh immediately after shooting the fourth man'. - Captain Joshua Crosse of the 88th Regiment of Foot (Connaught Rangers)

British Weapons are op. Devs won't allow it
    The union had 1,750 Beaumont Adams Revolvers that were chambered to a .36 round instead of the usual .44, if your worried about balance the devs could use those as they have less stopping power, or even the pocket version which used .32 caliber rounds.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

The Real question is how long would it take to reload such a weapon?