Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: BoP: Europe 1914 - [Out-of-character thread]

Quote Originally Posted by eagles62973 View Post
    Ted as the guy with the most experience in BoP you know that no war is boring to most players

Sure back down let Denmark and everyone be.

Considering you provided NO Casus Belli for attacking Denmark, even our ridiculous one is better than that.
    Did you read my declaration of war or didn't you?

Denmark has threatened us, Denmark has claimed our lands, Denmark has mobilized its forces against us. Now Denmark joined an aggressive war and mobilized its forces although both France and Germany clearly stated that no other nation must get involved. Let it be known that Germany keeps its word.
    Denmark broke both French and German warnings not to join into the Belgo-Durch quarrels, mobilized troops while claiming German territory and threatening German borders.

At least thank you for realizing that you just started a war for the sake of war. You might realize that war isn't half as funny as it sounds to be when all it does is ruining economies, politics and diplomacy.
    The point of this game is to avoid worldwar, not to have it break out. That's why it's called "Balance" of Power. I failed with that as I expected people to at least keep their general strategic words and treaties, you failed with that, we failed all together. I bargained too high there when trying to keep Denmark in its place and keeping the status quo in Europe. That's sad but well it happens in the end of every BOP.

Anyways, I'll still try to avoid this worldwar. You might want to reconsider your stands in order to avoid the greatest escalation.

True but if you are heading away just post something here so that everyone can see that your afk and that the game has to go on hold, Bravescot did it and we waited, no one else knew that you were not here Ted, we would have waited if you had informed us that you would not be on. You did not inform us so we cannot be blamed for continuing play without you.
    That's the exact reason why players are NOT meant to make up their own "several weeks passed" event- and timeline without speaking to the GM first. Bravescot said that a dozen times or so.

Anyways, Ted out for today, no point in arguing here and let's be honest, arguing this out now would be disrespectful towards Bravescot as he is running this game in a great manner. I failed as it was me who expected people to act reasonable and follow the basic BOP timeline-rules, should have known better and I'll take the consequences of that.
    Last edited by Ted; 03-26-2017 at 10:19 PM.

First Sergeant James T. Forester

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eagles62973 View Post
    Concerning the Diplomacy we have done tons of it, I had never sent a PM on this forum until this and I have had to empty out my inbox twice to accommodate new messages, we have done plenty but it is inter-country and not public.
    I guess so. I've only been in this game for like a week, so I guess it's down to that rather than to the BoP game itself.

This kind of reminds me of when Allies invaded Normandy while Hitler was asleep. In this timeline, Kaiser of Germany was celebrating his birthday in Bavaria while the Entente was justifying war against him.

USA General of the Army

Everyone calm down a touch. The War has begun and now it must be stuck to.

USA Lieutenant General

This is where it gets interesting folks.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jordon Brooker View Post
    This is where it gets salty folks.
    fixed it
    Your Captain calls me Onii-chan.

USA General of the Army

Ooooo shit boys. Portugal just declared! Everyone foking run!

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Ooooo shit boys. Portugal just declared! Everyone foking run!
    We're the big man in town now.

USA Major

I thought of something interesting: In the real, it's still not clear, who started ww1.

Not unlike this BoP, did I start it by being a little aggressive?
    Did Germany start it by declaring war on me?
    Did the Netherlands start it by murdering the Belgian king causing me to be aggressive?
    Or did Belgium start it by either declaring war on The Netherlands causing me to be aggressive or maybe by pulling in his allies?

Please note this is not meant to offend anyone, pure speculation.

Cpl. George Anthony
    Gunner

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by VOLCUSGAMING View Post
    I thought of something interesting: In the real, it's still not clear, who started ww1.

Not unlike this BoP, did I start it by being a little aggressive?
    Did Germany start it by declaring war on me?
    Did the Netherlands start it by murdering the Belgian king causing me to be aggressive?
    Or did Belgium start it by either declaring war on The Netherlands causing me to be aggressive or maybe by pulling in his allies?

Please note this is not meant to offend anyone, pure speculation.
    I think WW1 started when Belgium declared on the Netherlands. and to be honest i thought i might accidentally start it by going to war with Bulgaria. well it's already in full swing, can't be helped at this point.