Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: BoP: Europe 1914 - [Out-of-character thread]

USA General of the Army

Lads I got bad news. My laptop (the workhorse behind everything I do as I'm a poor ass sob would doesnt own a proper PC) just straight up died. It's utterly unresponsive and won't turn on. First day back in the U.K.

As a result the game is on hold as I am unable to do anything. I have none of my stored info. I can't write events etc. For the time being, until I get a proper PC in the next few days and try and save the hard drive, I am out of action.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Lads I got bad news. My laptop (the workhorse behind everything I do as I'm a poor ass sob would doesnt own a proper PC) just straight up died. It's utterly unresponsive and won't turn on. First day back in the U.K.

As a result the game is on hold as I am unable to do anything. I have none of my stored info. I can't write events etc. For the time being, until I get a proper PC in the next few days and try and save the hard drive, I am out of action.
    happens to the best of us Scotty. and just when the game was getting into the super intense overdrive mega awesome part

USA Sergeant

Gives us all some time to organise, I guess. Let's just hope none of the data is lost!

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Sarado View Post
    Gives us all some time to organise, I guess. Let's just hope none of the data is lost!
    That's my biggest fear. I got a lot of stuff, game and non-game related, that I do not want to lose!

USA Sergeant

Best of luck.

USA Lieutenant General

Good luck! Hopefully you'll sort it out in no time.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    players are NOT meant to make up their own "several weeks passed" event- and timeline without speaking to the GM first. Bravescot said that a dozen times or so.
    By the way Ted, please don't accuse me of not checking with the GM when you clearly haven't done so yourself...

USA General of the Army

Soulfly and Chester! Spain and Serbia have now opened up. Spain has stepped down and I'm removing Serbia for inactivity. Please feel free to claim which ever one of the two nations you want.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    By the way Ted, please don't accuse me of not checking with the GM when you clearly haven't done so yourself...

The cringe is strong with that one.

I checked with the ruling Bravescot applied earlier and therefore expected that to be still in place when it comes to ultimatums:

At 00:00 hours JST the Scandinavian Pact will have 24hrs irl to respond to Germany's unltimatume. If they fail to respond by 00:00 hours JST on the 28th Feb. Germany will be permitted to declare its ultimatum unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    Belgium asks that Germany provide clearer justification for their War against Denmark.

Upon hearing the news of the German declaration, Belgian officials found themselves confused about the reasoning behind it. The ministry of foreign affairs states that if Germany's justification is deemed invalid, Belgium will be forced to honour their alliance with Denmark, which would in-turn trigger several other defensive pacts against Germany and cause a general European war.
    ^ This is an ultimatum, so I did not see any reason why the ruling quoted above should not have been applied to that one as well. Not to mention that I'm still curious how an agressive war against me would put your defensive pacts into effect, as an aggressive war is aggressive, not defensive, but well, some people seem to roleplay as irrational governments, Bravescot explained that to me ages ago.... RIP logic.

Bravescot stated multiple times that press, actions of other players, events and timelines are not controlled by players and can therefore not be posted without GM's approval/update as this would be
    breaching the rule of not RPing non-player controlled stuff
    I for some reason thought that the course of time was something not controlled by player, but it seems it is.

It obviously seems that this kind of ruling has therefore vanished, good to know.

I apologise for thinking that time was
    non-player controlled stuff
    Last edited by Ted; 03-29-2017 at 07:24 PM.

First Sergeant James T. Forester

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

USA General of the Army

The call for a reponse was made on the 23rd. The declaration was on the 26th. More than 24hrs had gone by, player afk or not.