Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 01-03-2017 thirty-fourth field report: User interface

USA Lieutenant Colonel

took you this long to do some UI really

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    I'm sorry, are you a UI artist, UI Engineer or other kind of UI expert by any chance?

Just wondering on what basis you're judging the pace of the UI development we've presented to you. It has been one of the quickest complete overhauls yet as a matter of fact.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I'm sorry, are you a UI artist, UI Engineer or other kind of UI expert by any chance?

Just wondering on what basis you're judging the pace of the UI development we've presented to you. It has been one of the quickest complete overhauls yet as a matter of fact.

- Trusty
    Your doing a wonderfull job!

CSA Captain

Hello all,

I just finished reading the new Field Report, and let me tell you that new UI looks amazing! It presents itself clearly and concisely, while still providing the player with the details that he/she needs. I did however have a question or two.

First I saw, in one of the screenshots, a list of regiments containing a total of 42 players on the Confederate side. Does this hint to us as backers that that there will be more than 32 people on a team, or even in a match? I ask this also because I saw multiple spawn points for a single team, and this got me thinking that if there were only 16 people on a team, why would they not all spawn (by default) in the same location? It would only make sense to me that there would be multiple spawn locations if the developers were expecting to have larger teams in the Skirmish matches.

My second and final question was related to the vague release date. To begin with I should state that I have no problem with a vague release date, however "early 2017" is quickly coming to a close, is it not? Summer is right around the corner for me here in Canada, and that usually marks the middle of 2017. My question is that, when you (the developers) say that you want to release the skirmishes in "early 2017" what is the latest month that we can expect it in?

Thank you so much! I am greatly looking forward to the Skirmish Phase.

Willy McBride

Quote Originally Posted by WillyMcBride View Post
    Hello all,

I just finished reading the new Field Report, and let me tell you that new UI looks amazing! It presents itself clearly and concisely, while still providing the player with the details that he/she needs. I did however have a question or two.

First I saw, in one of the screenshots, a list of regiments containing a total of 42 players on the Confederate side. Does this hint to us as backers that that there will be more than 32 people on a team, or even in a match? I ask this also because I saw multiple spawn points for a single team, and this got me thinking that if there were only 16 people on a team, why would they not all spawn (by default) in the same location? It would only make sense to me that there would be multiple spawn locations if the developers were expecting to have larger teams in the Skirmish matches.

My second and final question was related to the vague release date. To begin with I should state that I have no problem with a vague release date, however "early 2017" is quickly coming to a close, is it not? Summer is right around the corner for me here in Canada, and that usually marks the middle of 2017. My question is that, when you (the developers) say that you want to release the skirmishes in "early 2017" what is the latest month that we can expect it in?

Thank you so much! I am greatly looking forward to the Skirmish Phase.

Willy McBride
    Thanks.

Early 2017 is indeed drawing to its end. We have no closer estimate than that so it would be silly of me to try and give you a clearer answer. I wouldn't take the UI screenshots quite so litteral. They are representional of the work done by the UI artist and not taken from, say, live matches.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks.

Early 2017 is indeed drawing to its end. We have no closer estimate than that so it would be silly of me to try and give you a clearer answer. I wouldn't take the UI screenshots quite so litteral. They are representional of the work done by the UI artist and not taken from, say, live matches.

- Trusty
    Thank you for your timely response, I appreciate it! I can understand you not wanting to give an estimated month for release (or planned release), but I thank you for telling me that you are aware that It's quickly becoming mid-2017! I was simply nervous that what I thought was early 2017 would be much different than your early 2017.

That makes sense that the UI is more of a representation than what we will see upon the Skirmish's release, Though it did get my hopes up lol!

Thank you again,

Willy McBride

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    Being a smart ass to the developers is not going to do anything except make you look bad, guy. Best keep it to yourself next time.

--

The UI looks so much better. It's really coming together.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Congrats dev team! Looking really smart!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    Being a smart ass to the developers is not going to do anything except make you look bad, guy. Best keep it to yourself next time.

--
    Yankee..Figures.
    ... Just thoughts no big Whoop ...

Private. LoneMerc
    5th Alabama, Company A. (The Clark County Rifles)

USA 2nd Lieutenant

Great to read another FR. UI looks true to the period. My problem is I still haven't figured whether I'm Yankee or a Southern Gentleman ....