Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 01-03-2017 thirty-fourth field report: User interface

USA Captain

Definitely liking the look of the new UI, high praise to the artists.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Great to read another FR. UI looks true to the period. My problem is I still haven't figured whether I'm Yankee or a Southern Gentleman ....
    Well since the North isn't fighting for "slavery"(not that they did in the first place) you can fight to Unite the Nation under one banner.

Or you can fight to preserve states rights and protect the autonomous south...

CSA Major

Excellent work.
    I wonder if perhaps you have fixed the problem of graphical settings not sticking? And also, I noted in the spawn selection window that there is an icon labeled "Point of Contention" - is this dynamic?

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Guys,

Now that I'm home and have a better opportunity to examine Hinkle's screen shots of the UI, I have a question. Bearing in mind that this is still a work in progress ... But if a flag bearer is going to be armed he's going to have quite a bit of work to do isn't he? Holding the flag and all, and yet expected to carry a rifle to the field as well?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Guys,

Now that I'm home and have a better opportunity to examine Hinkle's screen shots of the UI, I have a question. Bearing in mind that this is still a work in progress ... But if a flag bearer is going to be armed he's going to have quite a bit of work to do isn't he? Holding the flag and all, and yet expected to carry a rifle to the field as well?
    The flag bearer would not have been armed with a rifle. If armed at all, it would have been with a revolver or short sword I believe. That's also the purpose of the color guard, to protect the colors. I can't wait to see our colors waving across the field and hauling down the Union Banner!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Yes, I know that.
    Just saying and pointing out a possible early release bugaboo.

Again, the UI shots shouldn't be studied in minute details (such as if the CSA sharpshooters in question were wielding Lorenz rifles for instance). The flag bearer will not be armed. If you look closely you'll see that the flag bearer portrait is identical to the private one. This is because we want to fix the flags before taking flag bearer specific portraits.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Omg! I'm so hyped! This looks amazing!!!
    Join the 1st Georgia Company B! PM Me now!

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    took you this long to do some UI really
    Dude you have been posting really pointless stuff lately. If you want to throw insults like this next time you can have some time off the forums. here is your warning.

- Kyle

Enough with the personal vendetta please.

People are naturally allowed to post critical questions on the forum (as long as they are prepared to answer some sent their way too) - nothing but praise is nice and all but it isn't particularly well suited as feedback.

- Trusty