Thread: Introduction and Question

Introduction and Question

Hello have been a civil war nerd since I was in middle school I found out about this game about 4 days ago and went yes must have it and last night bought it to the major level I believe it was the 80$ option.

Anyway i downloaded the game and tired to play presuming that theirs more than one server It only finds the union drill and What it seems to do is Loads the map then blackouts as it sits on the loading screen then the music stops then about 10s later it goes to black screen, I would be posting this down in the alpha tab but seems I do not have permission or I am blind and could not find the button to post.

If more information is need let me know. Hope to see everyone in the game as I as a fellow civil war nerd see this to be a great idea for a game.

I get intermittent crashes too. Try reloading the game and updating video drivers. The CSA servers are always problematic for me for some reason. The music stops then get a black screen for a few seconds but it should then go to the unit selection screen. Good luck!

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

What are your system specs?
    "The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on Earth." - Lieutenant General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

"It is well that war is so terrible. Otherwise we should grow too fond of it." - General Robert E. Lee

"I would rather die a thousand deaths than betray a friend." - Confederate Scout, Sam Davis

Brigadier General James J. Archer
    Archer's Brigade
    A.P. Hill's Light Division
    Army of Northern Virginia

CSA Captain

On the servers: There are usually 4, CS and US in two regions: NA and EU. The NA US is currently the only one showing for everyone I believe, so I wouldn't let that scare you. It probably means the devs are doing some tests or something on the others.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Will like to report that after trying a few times more i decided to just redownload the game as it only takes few hours, and now its working.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TheTarget View Post
    Will like to report that after trying a few times more i decided to just redownload the game as it only takes few hours, and now its working.
    Excellent! See you on I'm sure.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Lieutenant General

Great news! See you around.

Well have a new problem should probably make a new thread about it if anyone else is having it. Anyway the game worked fine till the update yesterday now all it dos is say its preparing to launch the game but never dos anything more than just repeatedly say that its preparing to launch the game. Have tried reinstalling the game but the issue continues.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Also, if you bought in at the Major Level, you can only access the technical forums by informing the site here of your contribution level. In the upper left corner of these forum screens is an option to set your badge.

Be aware emails have to match ... but you should be able to set your badge to the level you contributed to. Once you get a badge above captain, you'll have access to post in the technical forums.

Also please note, drill camps are all that are available at this time, as this is still a technical alpha release. There is no killing of other players involved just yet, so don't come and expect to join in massive battles as that's not happening.

Enjoy the drill camps however.

And welcome.