Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skirmishes someday?

CSA Major

Been almost a year since technical alpha went live, since that time we have only heard about skirmishes one time. Would really like to have more regular updates on game progress and what is being done. Seems like a lot of time is being spent on things like fixing the way a blade of grass looks, when people are really wanting something that they can start playing and getting really involved in. You can only do so many drills before people start losing interest in the game. As of right now there are almost 2000 players in the volunteers who are not able to be placed into companies because there is no reliable way to sort through them and invite to companies and even if we could how many have lost interest in the game because of the slow pace at which things are progressing.

Well ask and you shall receive Post in the morning update in the evening that's pretty good
    Last edited by Leifr; 03-02-2017 at 08:09 AM.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Mageus View Post
    Been almost a year since technical alpha went live, since that time we have only heard about skirmishes one time. Would really like to have more regular updates on game progress and what is being done. Seems like a lot of time is being spent on things like fixing the way a blade of grass looks, when people are really wanting something that they can start playing and getting really involved in. You can only do so many drills before people start losing interest in the game. As of right now there are almost 2000 players in the volunteers who are not able to be placed into companies because there is no reliable way to sort through them and invite to companies and even if we could how many have lost interest in the game because of the slow pace at which things are progressing.
    There has been a substantial upgrade from the version released last year to the one we have now, there's been so much more than working on "a blade of grass". Patience; it takes a supreme length of time to build the necessary systems and machinations required for a stable release. We're getting there, skirmishes won't be too much longer (hopefully). I disagree with the supposed slow-pace of development, take a look at the update log found in the Alpha section and then consider how far WoR and the CFG team have come. There have been less ambitious projects that have failed to deliver, this one is right on track.

Also, I have merged your posts. For future reference, please do not double-post.

Cheers.

USA Brigadier General

ya gotta relax Mageus, it's coming, you can't expect a great product to be released quickly and on top of this the campfire games team is relatively small compared to many other game developers. I mean if you have any experiencing with working on coding or PC games in general feel free to give the Campfire games a hand, as for the "developments" you point out these things are optimization, and making it so that the game doesn't crash 24/7 for the current players who are in the Alpha, hell i still crash from time to time on the CSA Drill Camp. As for the 2000 people not in companies, well i'll even admit it's a problem, but it's not a big concern right now, as you pointed out all you can do is drill there is no action in the game right now, so essentially all they are missing is walking around and experiencing some very hilarious bugs and some very game breaking bugs. if these people have lost interest due to the mere fact that the Developers want to make their game fun and enjoyable then let them, I've been watching this game for 2+ years and others in the community for much longer, half of these people that are disinterested recently showed up within the past year or so, they haven't been waiting that long.

and if you ask me this whole thing is starting to turn out like the Captains and Majors who did nothing but complain that they hadn't recieved the Tech Alpha, All i'm saying is have some patience, they(CG) said they'd like to get the Phase 1 Skirmishes out but Spring 2017, we are still in spring and spring doesn't last forever, a suggestion would be to go get a job somewhere, it helped me forget about Drill Camp hype a year ago and even today makes the days go by quicker, plus you get payed.

Sorry if i went off on a rant, i just hate seeing that people complain about how long it takes to get a new update.

CSA Major

I agree it's frustrating to have to wait but we just gotta have some patience. I was hoping it would be out by now but it's not. By the looks of it though we won't have much linger to wait, that new field report has me thinking that we'll see skirmishes soon.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Colonel

I'll be happy as long as they don't push back the release of skirmishers.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

wat are you on about crazy dont you know this is nothing but a drill sim

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    Careful with remarks like that. You might give us ideas.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Chamberlain View Post
    Joshua, you are clearly very agitated over the apparent ineptitude of CFG. I would advise that you take a short break from the forum and divert your boundless energies towards another pastime - if only for a short while.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Patience Grasshopper.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Joshua, you are clearly very agitated over the apparent ineptitude of CFG. I would advise that you take a short break from the forum and divert your boundless energies towards another pastime - if only for a short while.
    Its sarcasm mate chill