Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What events or scenarios are you hoping to recreate in WoR?

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    Yeah, or even just watching "by the right of companies to the front" to get past some artillery would be cool.

I'm getting pumped!

I think I can help with that wish...
    Don't steal my kill!

USA Captain

Marching line abreast into a cornfield clouded by musket smoke, listening as musket balls whip through the corn stalks, the occasional thud as a ball meets flesh and all around you all you can hear are the screams of dying men. Ordering the Brigade to load and fire until firing becomes intermittent and the fight becomes every man for himself as two lines of infantry clash in a bloody tangle where all you know is the mans face staring back at you as you drive your saber into his heart. As you retrieve your blade from the mans flesh, all you can manage to do is shout... "Wade into them boys, give these bastards the cold steel"... soon you realize your brigade has beaten the enemy back from the field... it was not the first time this day, and it sure wont be the last... "reform on the colors, they will soon be at us again"...

haha its cheesy i know

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Becket View Post
    Marching line abreast into a cornfield clouded by musket smoke, listening as musket balls whip through the corn stalks, the occasional thud as a ball meets flesh and all around you all you can hear are the screams of dying men. Ordering the Brigade to load and fire until firing becomes intermittent and the fight becomes every man for himself as two lines of infantry clash in a bloody tangle where all you know is the mans face staring back at you as you drive your saber into his heart. As you retrieve your blade from the mans flesh, all you can manage to do is shout... "Wade into them boys, give these bastards the cold steel"... soon you realize your brigade has beaten the enemy back from the field... it was not the first time this day, and it sure wont be the last... "reform on the colors, they will soon be at us again"...

haha its cheesy i know

I could feel and see it! Awesome
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Captain

I could feel and see it! Awesome
    thanks! I wanted to write more but didn't seem like the right thread for that type of thing.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Becket View Post
    thanks! I wanted to write more but didn't seem like the right thread for that type of thing.
    There is actually a roleplay thread that you could do more on, it hasn't seen too much activity.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Captain

There is actually a roleplay thread that you could do more on, it hasn't seen too much activity.
    I may have to look into that, thanks!

CSA Sergeant

Taking those heights on 1st day at Gettysburg! If Ewell would have done that the South would have won.

Banned
    You know, the choice of the Maryland Campaign is interesting. I had to read into some common words like the battle of Antietam. I think its interesting that invading Mary's Land, the official state of Catholics, just because they hold slaves, they would go with General Lee's Protestant version of slave-holding America? And didn't.

I think its interesting that the objective is to take Supplies in this campaign? But also win Votes! Somehow Robert E. Lee considered this a valid political voice. 1862 congressional elections will be swayed. The North will lose the willpower to pursue war.

They clearly said they were there for Freedom even for the northern states they were invading, yet somehow, to take from northern farms instead of southern farms. The northern reactions to the invasion weren't well received.

Could we simulate and work out southern soldiers being short of supplies in any way, and needing to win a war of commandeering supplies, having the public dislike the war, body count, failing to recruit Maryland?

Interesting, Wikipedia says some soldiers against their beliefs refused to cross into Maryland in an offensive war when the war was about defense. The song below makes it sound as a defensive maneuver at Burnside's bridge.
    **EDIT** I found out this famous song is quoting an action by Burnside 2 months later crossing into Virginia at battle of Fredericksburg and not in this 20 day Maryland Campaign window and therefore irrelevant. phew.
    From Daniel Emmett writer of Dixieland etc. Richmond is a Hard Road to Travel. Catholic in fact means Universal, should pretty easily be considered witty.

Then said Lincoln unto Pope,"You can make the trip, I hope,I will save the Universal Yankee nation,To make sure of no defeat, I'll leave no lines of retreat,And issue a famous proclamation."But that same dreaded Jackson, this fellow laid his whacks,And made him, by compulsion, a secederAnd Pope took rapid flight from Manassas' second fight,'Twas his very last appearance as a leader.Then pull off your coat and roll up your sleeve,For Stonewall is a hard road to travel;Pope did his very best, but was evidently sold,For Richmond is a hard road to travel, I am told!Last of all the brave Burnside, with his pontoon bridges, triedA road no one had thought of before him,With two hundred thousand men for the Rebel slaughter pen,And the blessed Union flag waving o'er him;But he met a fire like hell, of canister and shell,That mowed his men down with great slaughter,'Twas a shocking sight to view, that second Waterloo,And the river ran with more blood than water.Then pull off your coat and roll up your sleeve,Rappahannock is a hard road to travelBurnside got in a trap, which caused him for to grieveFor Richmond is a hard road to travel, I believe!We are very much perplexed to know who is the nextTo command the new Richmond expedition,For the Capital must blaze, and that in ninety days,And Jeff and his men be sent to perdition.We'll take the cursed town, and then we'll burn it down,And plunder and hang up each cursed Rebel;Yet the contraband was right when he told us they would fight"Oh, yes, massa, they fight like the devil!"Then pull off your coat and roll up your sleeve,For Richmond is a hard road to travel;Then pull off your coat and roll up your sleeve,For Richmond is a hard road to travel, I believe!"
    Last edited by KoreanPCA; 07-03-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Just looking for a platform to make experiences, myself. Not about 'recreating' one. I'm extremely concerned about the choice of engine. Since you'll never find a server host on this engine selling servers for more than 16 players on this engine... correct me if I'm wrong. I looked into it for Resistance and Liberation, shortly afterward they abandoned development on that engine in part because of that issue, which is sort of a huge one if you ask me. Even double that and the best you can hope for is 16 vs 16 on a high-end engine like this. There's lots of others out there more suitable in 2017.