Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Park day!

CSA Major

I wouldn't say America sucks, it just has problems like every other country.

At the end of the day I'm proud that I'm American and I'll stick with my country no matter what.

I also would like to know why you think most people in America are stupid? Is it because of their views?
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I wouldn't say America sucks, it just has problems like every other country.

At the end of the day I'm proud that I'm American and I'll stick with my country no matter what.

I also would like to know why you think most people in America are stupid? Is it because of their views?
    It's not because of that. Nobody is stupid because of "wrong opinions", but due to the huge wave of anti-intellectualism that has plagued this country since the 1980s. Everyone in my school seems like a total moron that drools over football.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7NsdNHwq8

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    It's not because of that. Nobody is stupid because of "wrong opinions", but due to the huge wave of anti-intellectualism that has plagued this country since the 1980s. Everyone in my school seems like a total moron that drools over football.
    Well in that regard I have to agree with you. People don't care about learning like they should, in part I have to blame the school system for that and not the kids themselves.

You can't really blame the kids for it all, half if not more lies with the schools.

Well in that regard I have to agree with you. People don't care about learning like they should, in part I have to blame the school system for that and not the kids themselves.

You can't really blame the kids for it all, half if not more lies with the schools.
    Well... I think the kids are to blame due to the fact that they do not care at all about anything they learn. The teachers, at least I see, are trying desperately to get their attention, which is almost impossible.

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

Well... I think the kids are to blame due to the fact that they do not care at all about anything they learn. The teachers, at least I see, are trying desperately to get their attention, which is almost impossible.

-The Edgelord

CSA Major

I still think the responsibility lies with the schools.

The ways schools teach is part of the problem, there are many different learning styles but schools usually only stick to one. Schools need to improve the way they teach in order to reach kids with different ways of learning.

For instance I'm a visual and hands on learner mostly, I like to see and actually do the problem in order to learn it. I had trouble in school with the way the teachers taught, and it caused me to have problems with grades, how fast I learned, etc.

My point is don't blame the kids, even if it looks like they are the problem, it could just be that they need more help or a different method of learning in order to become interested.

I still think the responsibility lies with the schools.

The ways schools teach is part of the problem, there are many different learning styles but schools usually only stick to one. Schools need to improve the way they teach in order to reach kids with different ways of learning.

For instance I'm a visual and hands on learner mostly, I like to see and actually do the problem in order to learn it. I had trouble in school with the way the teachers taught, and it caused me to have problems with grades, how fast I learned, etc.

My point is don't blame the kids, even if it looks like they are the problem, it could just be that they need more help or a different method of learning in order to become interested.
    I guess, but maybe I just think the students are the problem because of the school I go to.

-The Edgelord

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Clock View Post
    Why would you want to be from the U.S? My country sucks.
    Well I would say something against that but seeing as your from California I understand why you feel that way.

I think your confusing country with state.
    California has been threatening succession for a while now. So I could see how you might be confused, and why your country sucks. Meanwhile the rest of the U.S. of A., is pretty damned awesome.

Gone far too off-topic here.

locked.

- Trusty