Thread: Free Up Inactive Companies

USA Captain

Free Up Inactive Companies

So I did a cursory search and didn't find this data (I apologize if it's answered somewhere else).

I had wanted to join the 19th Indiana, Company E as it represents the same area I'm from and is one of the more fabled Companies from Indiana that was involved in the war. Unfortunately, the Company has one person (the officer) who has not been active since January. I sent a telegram, and got no response, so I ended up joining Company A (representing Madison County).

That leads me to my question: Is there currently any plan to free up inactive Company designations? I understand the issue is that we also don't want to remove a company from someone who is planning on using it, but I feel like 3 months of inactivity is a pretty good indicator that the person doesn't intend to.

A company needs 10 or more members in order to claim the name. If you want Co. E of the 19th Indiana simply create it yourself and get 10 members before the other one.

- Trusty

CSA Major

I trust that Trusty's () answer is sufficient for you Molon.
    You're free to create the same company as they have not reached the minimal threshold required to properly form it.

USA Captain

Yep. That answers my question. I feel silly now. You guys already thought of it all!