Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: As to my "What's going on" thread being closed down.

CSA Private

As to my "What's going on" thread being closed down.

As the title says my previous thread where I and clearly a few others have been expressing their opinions in a very polite and unprovoking way, I see no reason to shut down a thread where everyone in the community is allowed to express their grievances with the game development, muting the people from expressing their concerns about the development is a show of blatant censoring, doesn't matter how well you explain your lack of updates people are meant to express their opinions, the "What's going on thread" had no clear intent of infringing on any rules and there was a clear point of the thread itself: Again, for people to express their opinions.

-Diversey

Quote Originally Posted by Diversey View Post
    doesn't matter how well you explain your lack of updates
    Are we back to this again? 49 updates in 11 months is hardly a lack of updates.

Also, threads not going anywhere useful, like most of the community stating their disagreement with your arguement (especially threads outside the off-topic section) will get locked down as they serve no purpose especially when there's already been given developer input in regards to the questions the thread raises.

- Trusty

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Are we back to this again? 49 updates in 11 months is hardly a lack of updates.

- Trusty

I'm sorry but this amount of updates are pretty insignificant to the players that do not own the Alpha version, let's just look at a company with a similar size to yours(25 employees): FACEPUNCH, they develop a game called Rust, they keep a pretty handy update blog which they update every week with very significant and major updates despite of their small team size they NEVER fail the community with a major change/implementation, they have a schedule for releasing their updates regularly and I'm pretty sure they know how much of a stressful and hard job it is to develop a game of that size with such low manpower. Let's get one thing clear I'm not trying to insult your team in anyway but I'm getting tired of these cliche excuses for why the game cannot be developed quicker, you have the money, you have the team yet I don't think you have the dedication of a team such as Facepunch at developing your game. Please stop with these silly excuses.

- Diversey

I'm sorry but this amount of updates are pretty insignificant to the players that do not own the Alpha version, let's just look at a company with a similar size to yours(25 employees): FACEPUNCH, they develop a game called Rust, they keep a pretty handy update blog which they update every week with very significant and major updates despite of their small team size they NEVER fail the community with a major change/implementation, they have a schedule for releasing their updates regularly and I'm pretty sure they know how much of a stressful and hard job it is to develop a game of that size with such low manpower. Let's get one thing clear I'm not trying to insult your team in anyway but I'm getting tired of these cliche excuses for why the game cannot be developed quicker, you have the money, you have the team yet I don't think you have the dedication of a team such as Facepunch at developing your game. Please stop with these silly excuses.

- Diversey
    Okay, you're comparing us with a game that has sold over 5 MILLION copies: https://steamspy.com/app/252490

We currently have 5100 backers. In other words: They have sold a thousand times more copies than us.

Please stop with these silly comparisons.

I might add that you do indeed insult me and the rest of the team with your statement. You effectively hint at we're busy scamming people or something or at the very least don't work hard enough.

- Trusty

There is ten times the effort put into War of Rights than Rust.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

- Diversey
    Silly boy.

USA Sergeant

As the title says my previous thread where I and clearly a few others have been expressing their opinions in a very polite and unprovoking way, I see no reason to shut down a thread where everyone in the community is allowed to express their grievances with the game development, muting the people from expressing their concerns about the development is a show of blatant censoring, doesn't matter how well you explain your lack of updates people are meant to express their opinions, the "What's going on thread" had no clear intent of infringing on any rules and there was a clear point of the thread itself: Again, for people to express their opinions.

-Diversey
    You do realize Rust has become the gold standard in cheap survival games, and by gold standard I mean it's what people compare other crappy survival games two to determine just how crappy they are. Additionally I'm fairly certain Campfire Games has less than a dozen employees ATM.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

USA Lieutenant General

Let's get one thing clear I'm not trying to insult your team in anyway but I'm getting tired of these cliche excuses for why the game cannot be developed quicker, you have the money, you have the team yet I don't think you have the dedication of a team such as Facepunch at developing your game. Please stop with these silly excuses.

- Diversey
    You do know that everything you say after "I'm not trying to insult your team in anyway but" has the opposite effect right? So you say you are not trying to insult the Dev-Team yet you accuse them of making up excuses, being lazy, scamming people and missing dedication in there work.

As i said many times before I fully trust the Dev-Team and i am glad they do not rush this game.

CSA Major

-Diversey
    Morning.
    The previous thread contained many responses with the absolute majority (yourself not included) being positive with regards to the current pace and development of 'War of Rights'. You may colour and write your response in as polite a manner as possible but the provocation of the development team remains the same. I would consider oneself very lucky in that you have managed to pull TrustyJam out of the woodwork in both instances for a concise response. Alternatively, consider it a reflection of how frustrating both this thread and your previous one have been to CFG.
    Folk are permitted to express themselves within the appropriate threads. Creating threads for the sole purpose of knocking the team and disparaging the work being made is not acceptable. You are not privy to their development schedule. The expression was made by yourself (and generally yourself) for eighteen days, the thread was then deeemed irrelevant and so locked. If you find this to be a form of 'blatant censorship' then I would suggest finding pastures greener and more suiting for your own particular standards.

I'm talking about field reports. We haven't gotten one for 2 and a half months. Is there nothing of note to report on? I'm not trying to sound like an ass I'm just genuinely interested.
    The last field report was little more than a month and a half ago. I would suggest double-checking dates before opening invalid criticisms.

Warmest regards,
    Leifr.

USA Captain

All I'd like to ask for is hitboxes and the ability to play mini-skirmishes. The game has been in alpha for over a year now I believe, no issues with that at all. My favorite game being Rust has been in alpha for like 4 years however to be able to fully function with my regiment that doesn't bore them or make them feel like a chore, adding the ability to play skirmishes should be done soon. Plenty of bugs are still in the game while you blokes sought out the fundamentals, I'd just like to ask more of why would it be bad to release a mini phase of skirmishes?