Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As to my "What's going on" thread being closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by General. Jackson View Post
    All I'd like to ask for is hitboxes and the ability to play mini-skirmishes. The game has been in alpha for over a year now I believe, no issues with that at all. My favorite game being Rust has been in alpha for like 4 years however to be able to fully function with my regiment that doesn't bore them or make them feel like a chore, adding the ability to play skirmishes should be done soon. Plenty of bugs are still in the game while you blokes sought out the fundamentals, I'd just like to ask more of why would it be bad to release a mini phase of skirmishes?
    If you think Skirmishes upon release will be fully fledged you are wrong. It very much will be "a mini phase of skirmishes" which will then grow as development moves along throughout the alpha.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    *sigh* All these impatient, and ungrateful children.

Once again, and contrary to what you might imagine or have been told, "Size Matters." Monetarily as well as Employable Staff wise. CFGs is not currently on par with other production houses, and yet, CFG has released at this time a better product than those they may be in competition with.

To the development team, and I am sure they know this, take your time, get it as close to right as you can. Because, you'll be damned if you release any thing that fails to meet the requirements of the demanding, impatient children, or you'll be damned for taking the time needed to release a better product initially, as it would appear to be happening now. If it were up to me, I'd rather be damned for the second offense than the first.

Stay your course create your masterpiece, don't give in to the insensitivity of those who fail to recognize the impact this program will have on the future of FPSers.

USA Brigadier General

I see no problems, with the current pace, i've been here since April of 2015 and i'm just glad it's in the Alpha, it may be walking around, but it's fine we have fun doing marching, "skirmishing", and telling stories, just general activity to bring to community together.

If the wait is getting to you, i'd say find a hobby, that isn't checking the forums constantly for updates. For instance I have Guitar Lessons on Thursday, and Work 4 days a week(i Stock, so i'm always up in the middle of th night) If you don't feel like finding a hobby, then just sit and wait, and be quiet, nothing negative can really be said towards the game development other than it's going slow, but like Campfire Games have stated they have a rather small team and it's going to be slow. there are some game breaking bugs still in game as well, such as crash upon entering servers, crash upon launch, crash when selecting units, crash when spawning in, crash when walking around, crash when firing, etc. and there are even some glitches, which can be hilarious at times, but annoying at others. If you want to know why it's taking so long, i urge you to upgrade to Captain and hop into the Drill Camp Alpha, and see exactly what some people go through every so often. I'm personally just glad that we have a crash log uploader, so that we can get one step closer to fixing many of these issues

So let's just relax and take it easy

CSA Private

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    *sigh* All these impatient, and ungrateful children.

Once again, and contrary to what you might imagine or have been told, "Size Matters." Monetarily as well as Employable Staff wise. CFGs is not currently on par with other production houses, and yet, CFG has released at this time a better product than those they may be in competition with.

To the development team, and I am sure they know this, take your time, get it as close to right as you can. Because, you'll be damned if you release any thing that fails to meet the requirements of the demanding, impatient children, or you'll be damned for taking the time needed to release a better product initially, as it would appear to be happening now. If it were up to me, I'd rather be damned for the second offense than the first.

Stay your course create your masterpiece, don't give in to the insensitivity of those who fail to recognize the impact this program will have on the future of FPSers.
    I see no need in calling me an "impatient child" I have gotten very good responses from the Devs and the community on their opinions once again and I'm happy with it, I was proven wrong in my statements and that's alright, I still do not agree with locking the other thread but as to the development I just needed some more insight, obviously my lack of research into facepunch and CFG made the comparison utterly bonkers but I am happy that Trusty here has been so involved in explaining what's actually going on.

Quote Originally Posted by MadWolf View Post
    You do know that everything you say after "I'm not trying to insult your team in anyway but" has the opposite effect right? So you say you are not trying to insult the Dev-Team yet you accuse them of making up excuses, being lazy, scamming people and missing dedication in there work.

As i said many times before I fully trust the Dev-Team and i am glad they do not rush this game.

No insults were intended just an honest to the bone opinion, I guess some people just can't take it that way and have to dig into my thread to sniff for the slightest scent of an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post

The last field report was little more than a month and a half ago. I would suggest double-checking dates before opening invalid criticisms.

Warmest regards,
    Leifr.
    Sorry when did I send that? I'm pretty sure I calculated the date right I might be wrong though.
    Last edited by Diversey; 04-17-2017 at 05:52 PM.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

I have to agree with diversey we have been in tech alpha for almost 1 year and still no combat

USA Captain

I won't comment on the issue of devs not working hard. I have friends who are trying to get into the industry and I've seen how difficult it is. However, is there any update on when skirmishes are going to be a thing? I just paid my $70 so I'm still looking for more information but if I won't be able to at least do something substantial (no, I do not consider marching and target practice substantial) soon I'm going to be deeply disappointed.

Again, I'm still trying to find info on Skirmishes so disregard some of what I said if its coming soon, but I feel like people paying $70 are being kinda reasonable when asking for something to actual do aside from shooting wooden targets. I've seen the trailer for the giant map and all that good stuff and it's cool, but I feel that if you REALLY want to bring in people there should be a focus on showing them the stuff they actually want to do which is probably kill some dudes and skirmish. I'm not asking for the game to be released tomorrow but I was very disappointed to find so little progress was actively available to me when I launched the game. I joined in to the NA_CSA server to find a group of six people just sitting there and talking.

Sometimes they would take a random potshot at a new player who would join, take some shots at the targets and leave due to boredom. Now if this was 2016 I'd be fine with this state because it's a technical alpha and its a very early stage, but it's already been almost a year since the Alpha was announced (The timetable is based on Field Report 28) and we've seen things like the Winter Drill Camp and other visual things added, but nothing relating to combat and while Skirmishes HAVE been brought up, there is still no indication on when we can expect to see such things for ourselves. I understand that the UI is still being overhauled but I just want SOMETHING, even if it's just a simple TDM mode with no score tracking because at least with that people can try to organize something a little more substantial than marching drills. I apologize for rambling about this but I feel very strongly that this game would benefit most by having SOMETHING to do in terms of combat while the real modes are being worked on. I'd go on longer but I think I've said enough for now.

Regards,

Cpt. Austin Lockwood

USA Captain

TL;DR - I think it's reasonable to want something to do after almost a year in Technical Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkie125 View Post
    I just paid my $70 so I'm still looking for more information but if I won't be able to at least do something substantial (no, I do not consider marching and target practice substantial) soon I'm going to be deeply disappointed.
    Thank you for your support of the development of the game. I can't help but wonder why you chose to support us in the first place though as, in your own words you are "soon to be deeply disappointed" a day or two after pledging.

No one has forced you to pledge. You knew the game was in an early state when you pledged.

Skirmishes is important to get running at least somewhat decently before launching it to our backers as it is our first actual game mode and thus have quite a broader appeal than our very niche audience catering drill camp. We understand the frustration of things taking longer than expected (trust me, we're as much looking forward to it being out there as you guys), and we're most certainly getting closer every day.

- Trusty

To everyone getting all mad that they "refuse to release skirmishes", or something, what if they can't? There's more reasons than they want it to be polished and with few bugs. I doubt all the necessart PvP mechanics are finished or even working yet.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    I see no problems, with the current pace, i've been here since April of 2015 and i'm just glad it's in the Alpha, it may be walking around, but it's fine we have fun doing marching, "skirmishing", and telling stories, just general activity to bring to community together.

If the wait is getting to you, i'd say find a hobby, that isn't checking the forums constantly for updates. For instance I have Guitar Lessons on Thursday, and Work 4 days a week(i Stock, so i'm always up in the middle of th night) If you don't feel like finding a hobby, then just sit and wait, and be quiet, nothing negative can really be said towards the game development other than it's going slow, but like Campfire Games have stated they have a rather small team and it's going to be slow. there are some game breaking bugs still in game as well, such as crash upon entering servers, crash upon launch, crash when selecting units, crash when spawning in, crash when walking around, crash when firing, etc. and there are even some glitches, which can be hilarious at times, but annoying at others. If you want to know why it's taking so long, i urge you to upgrade to Captain and hop into the Drill Camp Alpha, and see exactly what some people go through every so often. I'm personally just glad that we have a crash log uploader, so that we can get one step closer to fixing many of these issues

So let's just relax and take it easy
    e9a986ad66ae831da3dd296915263a2c2c0622b13e6690700b4c378552b7dc0b.jpg

On a serious note though in the greater gaming community I've been noticing a recent trend where people complain that a game isn't releasing fast enough. Then when the devs finally cave-in to fan pressure they are all surprised and incensed when the game ends up being a buggy mess.
    That is why I'm willing to wait for a playable alpha. Not because it would be a buggy mess, (because I could understand that) but because everytime I would check the forums I would have to deal with the same group of people who are bitching about the game not releasing soon enough, instead bitching about how the game is a buggy mess.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski