Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise of Flight United

CSA Captain

Rise of Flight United

Does anyone play Rise of Flight United? I've been looking for people to fly with, but the game isn't very popular.

For those of you that don't know, it's a extremely realistic WWI flight simulator (none of this BF1 bullshit where you can climb at an 89 degree angle). It's free on steam, but only comes with a couple of aircraft. You need to buy the rest through DLC. If you're interested, add me on steam: yoyo8346.

USA Lieutenant General

I really enjoy the game though I like flying the bombers more than anything. Once my new hardware gets here I'm down to fly some. Also look into IL2 battle of Stalingrad and Moscow. I play that game a lot as well and with the new WW2 DCS WORLD coming out in may. I'll be playing that as well.

Kyle

CSA Captain

Cool. I too am more of a tactical bomber. I use a mouse, so winning dogfights is nearly impossible against someone with a joystick. I was thinking about forming a casual Kasta battalion of two-seater Halberstadts, or a Bosta battalion of Gothas.
    Last edited by yoyo8346; 04-22-2017 at 11:13 PM.

USA Lieutenant General

That would be pretty fun. Though I do recommend getting a joystick. They make it a lot easier

CSA Captain

I might get one. I have a full steering yoke and throttle quadrant, but it's meant for modern flight simulators. The yoke is a bit cumbersome too.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    I might get one. I have a full steering yoke and throttle quadrant, but it's meant for modern flight simulators. The yoke is a bit cumbersome too.
    I have a replica of a Bf109 joystick they just came out with. I love the thing they make decent joysticks for 60 bucks or less though mine was 350. But a 60 dollar one can be just as good

USA Brigadier General

I love the game, and I have all the planes.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

CSA Major

I haven't played in some time but I do like it. I'm down to play, though me and my friends only play on full real servers most of the time.

I also play Il2 1946, Cliffs of Dover, Stalingrad and DCS.

Also, a flight stick is a must imo. Keyboard and mouse are very hard to use and be good with. The best stick for the money is the T16000m made by thrustmaster. It's very precise. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

Oh yeah, that thing...

I been thinking about getting it just to play as the largest aircraft and scare the hell out of everyone, so once I get it, count me in nerds!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud7NsdNHwq8

"You ever even play Verdun? And I am not talking about some casual matches where you got mowed down by an MG over and over. I am talking about clans and stuff. B-hopping everywhere, headshotting kids left and right with the Kar98, being the goddamn PISTOL KING! Verdun is far from realistic, and it's historical accuracy is often sacrificed for better gameplay."

-The Edgelord

CSA Major

A few of us in the 8th VA flew RoF for the longest time, usually as a break-period from IL2. It has issues but is largely enjoyable.