Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rise of Flight United

CSA Major

I have Rise of Flight, but haven't played it in ages. I very frequently play DCS and IL2, and have helped with some of the writing work on IL2's new overhaul which is coming out later this year as part of a new module.

I have Oculus Rift, as well as a stick, throttle, and a switch panel that only works for DCS. I am having a custom panel built by a fellow in Canada for the MiG 21 bis module in DCS. I should receive that early next month.

Do you gentlemen fly any of those?

If you need help with anything, let me know.

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    I have Rise of Flight, but haven't played it in ages. I very frequently play DCS and IL2, and have helped with some of the writing work on IL2's new overhaul which is coming out later this year as part of a new module.

I have Oculus Rift, as well as a stick, throttle, and a switch panel that only works for DCS. I am having a custom panel built by a fellow in Canada for the MiG 21 bis module in DCS. I should receive that early next month.

Do you gentlemen fly any of those?

If you need help with anything, let me know.
    Yes I fly all of them though I am more into the ww2 aspect of DCS then anything else

CSA Major

We'll have to get together in DCS Kyle!

I'm looking forward to Normandy.
    Neal/Maj. Richard C. Morgan
    Chief of Staff, A.P. Hill's Light Division

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    We'll have to get together in DCS Kyle!

I'm looking forward to Normandy.
    Indeed we will, do you have the spitfire or BF109? I have all ww2 planes and I have the Normandy map and assets preordered

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    ...I have the Normandy map and assets preordered
    How much are they charging for the "free" Normandy map? I'm sure that's a violation of their agreement with Kickstarter, as that map was supposed to be one of the "core" features included in the free to play game, along with one flyable plane. They've turned DCS into a cash shop, same as PGI did with Mechwarrior Online. They're nothing but a bunch of money grubbing bastiges. They can have their game. I wouldn't play it if it was the last flight sim on the planet.

-Irish
    "Forward, Bucktails, there's fun ahead!" -Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Leiper Kane
    The Bucktails were said to be all superior marksmen, and during the first year of the war they distinguished themselves as skirmishers and sharpshooters. -The Gettysburg Daily
    ODonovan on Star Citizen - odonovan1 on World War II Online - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

CSA Major

I went to Ireland some years ago, and I was delightfully surprised to see that the folks there tell you just what they think of you. It was remarkably refreshing, coming from the USA where everyone is fake all the time. At least you know where you stand.

O'Donovan, you represent the Irish well. Hat's off to you!

The price for pre-order is $47. You get the map as well as the WWII assets pack.

I enjoy the sim quite a bit, but it is rather haphazardly cobbled together, a mix of studios and modules all trying to do the same thing in their own way. Very Confederate of them.

Since I may not see you in DCS, I hope to see you in WoR. You aim high above me, and I'll do the same for you. :-)
    Neal/Maj. Richard C. Morgan
    Chief of Staff, A.P. Hill's Light Division

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by O'Donovan View Post
    How much are they charging for the "free" Normandy map? I'm sure that's a violation of their agreement with Kickstarter, as that map was supposed to be one of the "core" features included in the free to play game, along with one flyable plane. They've turned DCS into a cash shop, same as PGI did with Mechwarrior Online. They're nothing but a bunch of money grubbing bastiges. They can have their game. I wouldn't play it if it was the last flight sim on the planet.

-Irish
    Different team. ED took over the ww2 stuff once everything went south. ED didn't even have to make the WW2 modules and maps, they were under no obligation to do so.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

USA Brigadier General

One of the reasons, this game is great.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by O'Donovan View Post

-Irish
    As Legion said they had no obligation to make DCS ww2 the original team that was going to make DCS ww2 backed out after they thought that 150K was going to be able to make the game and all the modules. This was not the case and they spent most the money on making 1 module and that was the FW D9 yes some modules cost a bunch of money to make. However if you backed the original kickstarter you will get a free copy of the map and assets pack.

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Different team. ED took over the ww2 stuff once everything went south. ED didn't even have to make the WW2 modules and maps, they were under no obligation to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    As Legion said they had no obligation to make DCS ww2 the original team that was going to make DCS ww2 backed out after they thought that 150K was going to be able to make the game and all the modules. This was not the case and they spent most the money on making 1 module and that was the FW D9 yes some modules cost a bunch of money to make. However if you backed the original kickstarter you will get a free copy of the map and assets pack.
    You guys have been drinking the Kool Aid. This is from the Kickstarter, "Built by industry veterans with the same approach that made the famous flight sims of the past great, and in partnership with the experts at the Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics, the simulation aims to satisfy seasoned aces as well as attract new pilots to the genre." It was a partnership. Just because one partner pulls out, the others are in NO WAY relieved of their obligation to complete the project. Anything they said to the contrary was doublespeak to get people to let them slide on the game. It worked, and now they can charge for the map and other assets they were obligated to provide as a free to play game.

Also from the Kickstarter, "DCS WWII: Europe 1944 will also distribute via a free-to-play model, with the core game available as a free download!" The map with the FtP game was to be...yep, Normandy.

-Irish
    Last edited by O'Donovan; 04-25-2017 at 02:53 AM.
    "Forward, Bucktails, there's fun ahead!" -Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Leiper Kane
    The Bucktails were said to be all superior marksmen, and during the first year of the war they distinguished themselves as skirmishers and sharpshooters. -The Gettysburg Daily
    ODonovan on Star Citizen - odonovan1 on World War II Online - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes