Thread: Reload Animation Bug

Reload Animation Bug

So it seems that the sharpshooter sometimes likes to spin his head in first person when he reloads his gun.
    Had a wonderful time cosplaying a swirl inside of a milkshake

So here's what I did:

- Entered first person mode back from 3rd person
    - Tried to aim but remembered there was nothing loaded
    - Pressed R twice quickly (first was a mistake, second I held it in)
    - Swirled like a washing machine
    - Head turned back and gun ready to fire
    - Second attempt went fine

Hope it helps, damn animation controllers
    So many engines, so little time to go and learn all of them for it to then tell me I'm using too much memory...

Thanks for the report.

Not a bug though.

Pressing r twice starts the reload at the first stroke and cancels it at the 2nd.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    No need to hold the R key, either. One press and release. Sit back and watch your toon load his own weapon. Rifles only. Pistols don't get a reload.

Hm... so the character bending his whole torso into a pretzel isn't a bug? Not too sure bodies can do that, next time I'll record it for you
    So many engines, so little time to go and learn all of them for it to then tell me I'm using too much memory...

Quote Originally Posted by BetaKnight View Post
    Hm... so the character bending his whole torso into a pretzel isn't a bug? Not too sure bodies can do that, next time I'll record it for you
    There is bound to be moments when animations look off in a game with as complex a weapon & stance system such as ours. Especially when we allow you to cancel them at any point in time.

In short; it's not possible to make every single transition look "right". Please do provide footage of the most silly looking ones though and we'll investigate.

- Trusty

"In short; it's not possible to make every single transition look "right"."
    Ain't that the truth, try doing that in Unity with the animation controllers and you get a butt load of flagpoles up your neigh neigh in the logs. Will record next time, breaking a game is my specialty!