Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spring has Sprung

CSA Captain

When I saw the OP, I just wanted to write exactly the same point as Twinkie125. I have exactly the same experience attending some "mockery" skirmish events. When you get hit, the screen shows some "blood" effects - so, the game recognise when you got hit. There are only very easily implementable features to be added:
    1)
    hit = kill (or, maybe, some easy placeholder hitpoint system)
    ragdoll animation
    respawn

2) (can be as a second release after some time)
    dedicated server for this kind of basic combat allowing both Union and CSA units to be chosen and with different respawn areas for each side

I personally could not believe, that it takes more than half a year to implement such simple stuff...
    And if you want to make almost-perfect skirmish mode rather than present something barely half-finished: we all know it is alpha and it will contain placeholders. Better done than perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Move forwards with the final steps needed for Skirmishes to function well enough to be tested by you guys.

- Trusty
    Sounds good! I'm excited

CSA Major

We have an answer. Threads such as this, whilst beginning with fair intentions, usually devolve into mud-slinging. I trust that you are satisfied with Trusty's response OP.

Thread locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post

I personally could not believe, that it takes more than half a year to implement such simple stuff...
    And if you want to make almost-perfect skirmish mode rather than present something barely half-finished: we all know it is alpha and it will contain placeholders. Better done than perfect.
    You are correct. It wouldn't. That isn't Skirmishes though.

- Trusty