View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

29 74.36%
  • Nay!

10 25.64%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Company's join Regiments?

USA Major

Company's join Regiments?

I don't know much in depth of the company tool so I apologize if this has already been discussed or is planned. Anyways, I feel that company's should be able to join regiments. Until then, some companies have to remind their men they are a member of a regiment, not just a company. In order to claim a regiment, you'd need a minimum amount of company's in your regiment, or a minimum total count of troops that are combined from companies. What do you guys think?
    Member of Timberwolf Brigade

Yeah, this is planned down the road. If I remember correctly, later on, when three or more companies have formed up under the regiment, they can make the regiment itself.

CSA Captain

I agree with Tactical, however until then we have already started forming a Regiment, Division, Core, etc. with other Regiments/Companies to combine forces for drills, training, skirms, etc.

Just check what has already been written:

https://warofrights.com/KickstarterUpdate12

No claims /just votes/ free choice between the companies in the same regiment / Brigade / Division

although its all subject to change I hope they stick with this form that are my hopes

USA General of the Army

The biggest problem is the uncertainty.
    The Devs have yet to disclose, despite Thread and Messages, how they plan to implement such a Plan. Doubtless, this is because they are still working on it and it is premature to share this information ... NOT as a nefarious action, as has been suggested by some.
    Many are forming Higher HQs as well as organizing Brigades, Divisions and Corps. Me included. heh
    The real issue is whether Companies will be forced into the Historical larger units. This would result in people having to work with those they don't wish to and drop units with whom they work well together.

There are several statements on both the WoR site and Cryengine page that allude to this planned Higher Authority creation being added to the Company Tool ...
    - "Additionally, players will also be able to choose from a list of regiments that fought in each battle as well as what rank to fight as, whether they want to slog it out as a lowly private, or if you want to orchestrate the carnage and mayhem as a major general."
    - "As a General, you will operate in your headquarters equipped with a map of the battlefield and constantly receiving reports of friendly and enemy positions. Send out new orders to the regiments to move forward, or fall back - all in real time. The orders will move down the chain of command, to the Colonels, Majors, down to the Captains in charge of the individual regiments, all of whom have the option to follow the orders of their trusted commander, or rebel against his wishes and fight as you see fit."

In the meantime ... we do as we always do ... Hope for the Best, Plan for the Worst and Recruit QUALITY units into Ewell's Division regardless of Historical accuracy.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    The biggest problem is the uncertainty.
    The Devs have yet to disclose, despite Thread and Messages, how they plan to implement such a Plan.
    I find that a bit weird. There must be a vision? a plan? And I believe the kickstarter link provides that plan. A historical setting with a bit of freedom so if you don't like company A B C but you do like D E you can work with them and not the first three.

USA General of the Army

That is what most read into it and is our Hope, as well.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

I find it disturbing that people are voting for less freedom. So people seem not to mind being forced into a regiment. While the idea in the kickstarter gives you more freedom within the same regiment. So in effect 2 regiments can exist. regiment X ABCDE & regiment X FGHIJ So you can choose and form your own adapted regiment

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    I find it disturbing that people are voting for less freedom.
    The structure and cooperation that comes with battalions/regiments doesn't equate oppression...These things are voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    The structure and cooperation that comes with battalions/regiments doesn't equate oppression...These things are voluntary.

Ah see you voted against what you are preaching