View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

29 74.36%
  • Nay!

10 25.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Company's join Regiments?

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    Not a realistic comparison a company vs a battalion or regiment. Company is yours but a cooperation is another level
    I highly disagree. Just as much cooperation is needed for a company as a battalion. They are working parts of each other. So, just like the companies were made and names taken by those who rose first, the same should be true when those same companies (who are already probably identifying as a battalion) are allowed to form a battalion. There should only be one battalion for each regimental name, in my opinion.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I highly disagree. Just as much cooperation is needed for a company as a battalion. They are working parts of each other. So, just like the companies were made and names taken by those who rose first, the same should be true when those same companies (who are already probably identifying as a battalion) are allowed to form a battalion. There should only be one battalion for each regimental name, in my opinion.
    Well sure we can disagree. You think it's the same. And I think it's another level to work together with multiple companies.

But you don't need all the companies to have that effect. And I don't agree the same rules must apply for the regiments and up as they are now in place. I don't see anything confusing in having two similar regiments claimed by the companies involved. Simply they will never be able to fight on the same battle.
    Number on the servers will never reach it so a whole regiment can fall in together.

But hey that's all OK different views and all. Some people like to claim single regiments some would like a more open system that still respects the history. All good in the end it's up to the devs

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolina View Post
    Well sure we can disagree. You think it's the same. And I think it's another level to work together with multiple companies.

But you don't need all the companies to have that effect. And I don't agree the same rules must apply for the regiments and up as they are now in place. I don't see anything confusing in having two similar regiments claimed by the companies involved. Simply they will never be able to fight on the same battle.
    Number on the servers will never reach it so a whole regiment can fall in together.

But hey that's all OK different views and all. Some people like to claim single regiments some would like a more open system that still respects the history. All good in the end it's up to the devs
    Yeah I'm not hating you for your opinion I just believe in a less confusing system that would dampen misunderstanding if there were multiple units. I think having the battalion work similar to the company level would be best since its already the same system, just "recruiting" companies instead of members.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Captain

My main concern with the creation of regiments is that I feel that it's merely an excuse by some to obtain higher rank and influence than is due them.

Folks not interested necessarily in the health of companies but rather expanding their ego/e-penis/power for selfish purposes. Then using these expanded regiments as a form of influence and control.

I feel that established and larger regiments will get an influence that infringes on smaller companies.

A regiment system built in will give them an artificial influence and force smaller companies into them.

There will be those that disagree with the idea that they'll be the asshole regimental leadership, but what powers will the company leaders have to remove regimental leadership?

Will anyone simply be able to form regiments and decide unilaterally who leads it?

Perhaps forcing a vote situation whereby the company leadership can vote who is regimental leadership ..

In any case, it should be absolutely voluntary and regimental leadership should be a leader amongst equals and not be granted a higher rank but rather a title.

I feel that the situation that exists now of unofficial "regiments" is more than sufficient and an official system would only serve to feed egos since servers can only hold so many folks anyway.
    Capt. Frederick Cox

44th Georgia Infantry Regiment
    Doles Brigade
    Army of Northern Virginia

State of Georgia

Confederate States of America

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
    My main concern with the creation of regiments is that I feel that it's merely an excuse by some to obtain higher rank and influence than is due them.

Folks not interested necessarily in the health of companies but rather expanding their ego/e-penis/power for selfish purposes. Then using these expanded regiments as a form of influence and control.

I feel that established and larger regiments will get an influence that infringes on smaller companies.

A regiment system built in will give them an artificial influence and force smaller companies into them.

There will be those that disagree with the idea that they'll be the asshole regimental leadership, but what powers will the company leaders have to remove regimental leadership?

Will anyone simply be able to form regiments and decide unilaterally who leads it?

Perhaps forcing a vote situation whereby the company leadership can vote who is regimental leadership ..

In any case, it should be absolutely voluntary and regimental leadership should be a leader amongst equals and not be granted a higher rank but rather a title.

I feel that the situation that exists now of unofficial "regiments" is more than sufficient and an official system would only serve to feed egos since servers can only hold so many folks anyway.
    I fully agree with you. And that is indeed a big problem. Seeing now the bigger companies sending 10 of there guys to form another company within there regiment. while that in itself is not a problem. If they are doing so to controle the whole regiment later on when the claming begins I say that is wrong.

Why I said and I will say it time and time again. You as a player should be able to form regiments with the few companies you would want to work with. The game will not allow you anyways to jump in with your whole regiment on the same map. Why not make smaller "regiments" so people can enjoy the game but also there own structure. It will not go against the historical aim the devs have and gives us the freedom to form up when we want and with whomever we want.

CSA Captain

Leave it up to the Captains if they want to join a regiment. I'm not one for making it a requirement that a company -MUST- join a regiment. Naw man.
    Last edited by LBoland; 06-30-2017 at 06:32 PM.
    Captain of the 1st Texas Company B, "Livingston Guards."
    Regimental Titles
    Chief Diplomat
    Arbitor
    Troublesheuter
    Chief Mediater
    Chief Negotiator
    Regimental Psychic Medium
    Hedmaester of the Verginia Military Instatute (pm to attend officer courses, all CSA officers are required to attend before taking to the field)

My great great great grandma fought alongside Ulysses S Lee in the 12th Airborne Brigatallion at the battle of Niagra Cliffs, RIP Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LBoland View Post
    Leave it up to the Captains if they want to join a regiment.
    I don't think a regimental system is necessary at all. and if all the other companies have joined a regiment, it's sort of hard for you to refuse to do so also. such regimental organization discourages cooperation with non-regimental companies. also, those who lead regiments will probably have a lot of influence over a large part of the community unduly. An individual company will still be subject to that social pressure.

What if the captain of your company angers regimental leadership of a large regiment? it would be ridiculous to assume that wouldn't have some effect on the experience that company has with all the companies within that regiment.

It's completely unnecessary to have a built-in regimental system, if people want to make free, loose associations thats their business.

but 'formalizing' and 'officializing' people with ranks higher than captain gives them a certain social standing and influence that will give them some inferred power and influence over the companies 'below' him. even if the association is voluntary.

It's harder to revolt or oppose a General's wishes unless it is unanimous in that case. the critical mass necessary to resist becomes higher. if an individual captain doesn't agree with regimental leadership, he could end up facing consequences for that socially. That would be an undesirable situation. It is important that the connection between regiment and company is a situation where the regiment is inherently subordinate to the companies.
    Last edited by Frederick; 06-30-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    Capt. Frederick Cox

Doles Brigade

State of Georgia

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
    and if all the other companies have joined a regiment, it's sort of hard for you to refuse to do so also.
    Can't tell if you agree with what I said or didn't agree. But yeah, sure it'll be hard for the captain of the company, but if a company wants to go it alone and do their own thing while the rest of the companies in that regiment are all coordinated. I'm cool with that, independence.
    Regimental Titles
    Chief Diplomat
    Arbitor
    Troublesheuter
    Chief Mediater
    Chief Negotiator
    Hedmaester of the Verginia Military Instatute (pm to attend officer courses, all CSA officers are required to attend before taking to the field)

My great great great grandma fought alongside Ulysses S Lee in the 12th Airborne Brigatallion at the battle of Niagra Cliffs, RIP Smitty Werbenjaegermanjensen

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LBoland View Post
    Can't tell if you agree with what I said or didn't agree. But yeah, sure it'll be hard for the captain of the company, but if a company wants to go it alone and do their own thing while the rest of the companies in that regiment are all coordinated. I'm cool with that, independence.

I agree that if it exists, it should be voluntary.

Yeah, it would make it difficult. Impossible, almost. It's cool to have cooperation, but you don't need a regiment to have free cooperation. That sort of officialization of regimental leadership is the problem, in my view.

It's difficult to maintain your independence when all the other companies have joined regiments, you would be excluded. why would companies cooperate with you when they're already part of a regiment?

As it is now, companies simply agree to work together and cooperate, and the regimental structures are unofficial.

But with an official and established 'regimental' system, the leadership will be permanent, titles official providing social standing to those who obtain them, promotions will be completely unilateral and artbitrary. That's fine in a small company-level organization(you can always join another company!) but it's harder to abandon an entire regiment.

So it's either you submit to the regiment, it's arbitrary leadership and rules, or you go independent pariah, because companies who are part of regiments have no incentive to cooperate with independent companies outside of their regiments.

it might be hard to see since we're still in alpha and there's not a lot of folks in-game, but i think forming regiments is fine in an unofficial capacity.

No one should obtain a rank higher than captain.

the thing is, once these regiments have been fully established and the player base has stabilized, it would be almost impossible to form new regiments and the regimental leadership will become stale. We'll be stuck with the same generals for the entire life-cycle of the game.

It's important that we don't allow regiments to become stale and the leadership positions to become permanent for whomever happens to occupy those positions.
    Last edited by Frederick; 06-30-2017 at 06:46 PM.
    Capt. Frederick Cox

Doles Brigade

State of Georgia

CSA Captain

That's when all the independent companies form up and work together against the coordinated regiments. Hoorah.
    Regimental Titles
    Chief Diplomat
    Arbitor
    Troublesheuter
    Chief Mediater
    Chief Negotiator