Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drill Camp - Friendly Fire On

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    Firstly, you did just double post. Secondly, "better done, than perfect" is a very flawed outlook on life.
    The industry stratagy that Bivoj of the agile technique would be better quoted as, the devs would be in constant communication with their client(community) and they would release the game in lots of little chunks rather than go from design to prototype to full release.

ps im not taking a stance just trying to clear up what bivoj said

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    I know, I work in IT for several years and I prefer rather agile 'deliver something half-finished and continue' iterative approach, rather than 'wait months for something almost-perfect' waterfall. The solution I have mentioned is doable with not much effort I believe (or am I wrong? is it difficult to implement simple hit=kill feature?) Work for "real", fancy, almost-perfect skirmishes can continue for several other month until it is really finished.
    But in the meantime, we have something to entertain with - that is the point.
    Hi there!

It's quite easy in hindsight to possibly agree with you. Maybe we should have turned the drill camp into a deathmatch server (cause that is surely what would have happened from day 1 - forget anything about people drilling) since Skirmishes is taking longer than we expected. I'm fairly confident people would have grown bored of that too, and in regards to our vision that does not fit one bit.

The reason why we are "ignoring" your request now is simply due to skirmishes being so close. In short, your suggestion does not fit with the premise of the game vision at all and time spent on it would be not only wasted (replaced when skirmishes is released) but also delaying skirmishes even more.

We haven't worked on the current live drill camp branch for ages (why there's been no game updates for the past month). We're not about to go back to it now.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We haven't worked on the current live drill camp branch for ages (why there's been no game updates for the past month). We're not about to go back to it now.
    Hi Trusty!
    first, thank you for the answer. I fully agree with your statement regarding "deathmatch" and yes - we would be bored by now as well (but believe me - I would not bother posting any "when the release of skirmishes" thread or post, as I never did here; I work in IT, I know deadlines are tricky to catch).

Also, the quoted sentence is enough explanatory for me to understand the reason now.

Anyway, I would like to write one last suggestion:
    if you still struggle with the skirmish release and you still have some issues you do not know how to solve, could you, please, reconsider making the deathmatch from drill camp (or adding 1 DM server on top of current drill camps called "drill camp friendly fire on" ), meaning reopening the old branch?

Anyway - thanks for your effort!

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The reason why we are "ignoring" your request now is simply due to skirmishes being so close
    - Trusty
    Firstly, Hype again

Secondly Will we be receiving another Field Report this month (Written update not necessarily a game one)?

-
    Sam

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by yoyo8346 View Post
    "better done, than perfect" is a very flawed outlook on life.
    First, it is very, very great outlook on life. Making things done is far better than fail trying to deliver something flawless. BUT I was not talking about outlook on life, I was talking about IT industry and agile (thank you Stalin, you explained my statement). If you are willing to listen, here you can find some reading regarding the motto I have quoted:
    https://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/10...etter-perfect/
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3001533/...-being-perfect
    http://smartliving365.com/good-enoug...etter-perfect/

The perfect is the enemy of the good.
    -Voltaire

The enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.
    -Carl von Clausewitz

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Okay, expecting a thread lock in ....

1 ......

2 .......

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Okay, expecting a thread lock in ....
    Is it really necessary? Is this topic really that painful for you?

sigh

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    Is it really necessary? Is this topic really that painful for you?

sigh
    did you really need to put "sigh" in there? I don't know why but it always grinds my gears when audible sounds are trying to be represented over online communication, especially when people growl at each, that's just me though, anyways on topic.

I don't feel the topic needs to be closed, and a criticism can't hurt a game company, if it's useful, I feel the thread should be moved and left open for people to argue whatever points they can, eventually one side will look like a bunch of idiots and then the threads run its course.

Now as to the time it has taken for Skirmishes to come out, I'll admit it I'd love to play skirmishes and can't wait for it to release as it's been what 2 years since I got on board this, with some members being on board since the beginning, however I understand that when it comes to a small team, it will take some time to make the game just right for "private"(funded users) testing, Truth be told I'd actually forgotten about the skirmishes phase for a while now, but not due to boredom or anything related to the game, I have been caught up in Bravescots BoP game, and it's kept me fairly happy for last couple months

P.S. Bravescot lets get that next update out, please.

Please stay on-topic.

- Trusty

USA Major

You can't please everyone in life. I personally feel that War of Rights community and developers are doing well. We have good community members like A.P. Hill supporting the project, and developers (lets not forget our great moderators) that aren't truly letting us down. I think I'm fine if Skirmishes didn't come out for another 2 months or so. I'm here to support, not bring down anyone. However, I'd love skirmishes to come out sooner then later!
    Member of Timberwolf Brigade