Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: little suggestion

USA Captain

little suggestion

1,press T will show NAMETAG of player,,,but you cant find who is teammate or enemy,,they all show NAMETAG,,,so can it be a little defferent?so you can know your teammates easily..
    2,score menu,,so you can know who is be killed and enemy number you killed,,,,will it is nesssary?
    3,flag bearer have no weapon,,,,could join sword or something else? AND how to stand the flag on the ground at some time??
    4,join medcal sodier to transport body?
    5,add Trumpeter drummer to make a battlefield musical environment ?
    6,Add engineers to build simple fortifications?

Quote Originally Posted by cheeyeah View Post
    1,press T will show NAMETAG of player,,,but you cant find who is teammate or enemy,,they all show NAMETAG,,,so can it be a little defferent?so you can know your teammates easily..
    2,score menu,,so you can know who is be killed and enemy number you killed,,,,will it is nesssary?
    3,flag bearer have no weapon,,,,could join sword or something else? AND how to stand the flag on the ground at some time??
    4,join medcal sodier to transport body?
    5,add Trumpeter drummer to make a battlefield musical environment ?
    6,Add engineers to build simple fortifications?
    1. It should be hard to see enemy and friend, so you should mostly stay in line and avoid acting alone. They had the problems in real life as well
    2. There is no plan to show any seperate kill indicators. We are aiming for global casualty reports instead. So its all a team matter
    3. The flag bearer has no role at the moment, since the scripts are not in. He don't need to defend himself, he has the color guard for it.
    4. Not planned
    5. We are in the closed alpha, more content will be added during the development (during the closed alpha, closed beta, early access), so expect tons of new things before the release.
    6. See 5.

1: Identify the uniform of the soldier and you will know if he is a good guy or a bad one. The few TK's I've made so far were all due to friendlies at enemy positions (such as a CSA soldier on top of the hill at bloody lane). Best way to avoid being team killed is to stick to your team.

2: There will be no scoreboard. You will eventually be able to see regimental stats after a match.

3: Flag bearers didn't need weapons. Their task was to hold the colours.

4: We have no plans in regards to medics.

5: We have yet to confirm if musicians will be a thing in WoR.

6: We have no current plans to introduce such a class.

- Trusty

Dangit, Hinkel! :P

Well there you go. Lots of answers for ya.

- Trusty

USA Captain

good to hear flag guard....expect more roles and neccessary things to added which make the game close to reality
    match ending report expected to see more details in game..

CSA Major

Could you make it to where you can't see the enemy nametag? Being able to see the enemy nametag makes it too easy to find hiding players, especially in places like the cornfield.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

I understand it being hard to differentiate ally and enemy, and I support this, but could it be tweaked just slightly? At low settings I can't tell who is who at 40 feet, which you definitely could in real life.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

CSA Major

I must admit to being surprised that enemy players have nametags above their avatars. I let slip a few Union players before on the assumption that they were friendly. Personally, I would advocate that nametags are removed from enemy players - if only on the basis that it seems a logical decision.

CSA Captain

I just want to throw my 2p and share some impressions regarding the skirmishes (btw they are really fun!)

1. I agree with devs - ability to distinguish friend from foe should be possible by recognising the uniform only AND it should motivate players to stick together with their units. No movie-like gamie lone-wolf sharp-shooting.

2. While I get the point to promote teamplay and cooperation instead of individual assignments, my competitive-me would like to see K ratio (it would be sufficient to see it by the end of map/round/battle) It is undoubtedly right not to write "kill" messages on top of the screen, to see if the player successfully hit or not.

3. I believe it is good idea to allow standard bearers to defend themselves and it would motivate more people to play them. But it should be done in rather complex way (only as emergency self-defense): while holding the flag left hand and being stationary (i.e. no ability to move - the flag is resting on ground), the right hand can hold a sword or a revolver.

4. Just NO to medics! I do not understand, that players want to have this nonsense in games.

5. Musicians would be really nice - some supportive role like flag bearer, helping officers.

I would like to add on top:
    7. Possibility to see how many players are in each faction. Now, I can see only the list of players without information who plays for CSA and who for USA. I know, that this is also "realistic" not to see the exact size of enemy force, but when you want to join the smaller (weaker) faction to keep teams balanced, you do not have the information...

8. Limiting the number of officers (and ideally all "special" classes), that can be in the field in one moment

Quote Originally Posted by Bivoj View Post
    I just want to throw my 2p and share some impressions regarding the skirmishes (btw they are really fun!)

1. I agree with devs - ability to distinguish friend from foe should be possible by recognising the uniform only AND it should motivate players to stick together with their units. No movie-like gamie lone-wolf sharp-shooting.

2. While I get the point to promote teamplay and cooperation instead of individual assignments, my competitive-me would like to see K ratio (it would be sufficient to see it by the end of map/round/battle) It is undoubtedly right not to write "kill" messages on top of the screen, to see if the player successfully hit or not.

3. I believe it is good idea to allow standard bearers to defend themselves and it would motivate more people to play them. But it should be done in rather complex way (only as emergency self-defense): while holding the flag left hand and being stationary (i.e. no ability to move - the flag is resting on ground), the right hand can hold a sword or a revolver.

4. Just NO to medics! I do not understand, that players want to have this nonsense in games.

5. Musicians would be really nice - some supportive role like flag bearer, helping officers.

I would like to add on top:
    7. Possibility to see how many players are in each faction. Now, I can see only the list of players without information who plays for CSA and who for USA. I know, that this is also "realistic" not to see the exact size of enemy force, but when you want to join the smaller (weaker) faction to keep teams balanced, you do not have the information...

8. Limiting the number of officers (and ideally all "special" classes), that can be in the field in one moment
    7 & 8 are planned. Just not in yet.

- Trusty