Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Union woes

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    Don't really like Teamspeak. Would hope in the coming events people will take the challenge to use the in-game voice for communication.
    Yeah I'd be cool, but they problem is that with the VOIP, a whisper is just as loud as a holler. I find myself running or sending men running for any sort of communication even just to a company right next to us.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    .... I find myself running or sending men running for any sort of communication even just to a company right next to us.
    Oddly that's exactly what happened in real during the war.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Oddly that's exactly what happened in real during the war.
    Haha yeah. I feel like I'm doing it a little much though. It definitely adds a neat aspect!
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Captain

I do not believe my counterparts fighting for the North are simple, slow, or poor commanders. I do not believe they lack skill or ability. I do believe, however, that the mindset between the officers of the CSA and those of the Union differ in a significant manner. Whereas the Union seems to be focusing their attention on discipline, drilling, and the trading of rifle fire to smash Confederate defenses, the CSA is much more keen on loose formations, firing by squad to keep a blistering fussilade down range, and charging Union lines.

These mindsets will work very well once the map and player cap is increased, but it's just not working on these smaller skirmish maps. A change of mindset, and I think the blue bellies will be able to gain the advantages they seek.

With respect, 1st Lieutenant LaBelle, 1st Texas, Company E.

Quote Originally Posted by W1Z25 View Post
    the issue with the bridge is that union leaders never want to charge. that along with no place to ford the river causes the entire match to be a shootout
    What are you on about? We (Me capt and this battalion commander) kept lining people up to charge in big groups then we got yelled at by this big General or something for charging... He wanted us to stand there and shoot only until we whittled their numbers down in tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Colum O'Brien View Post
    What are you on about? We (Me capt and this battalion commander) kept lining people up to charge in big groups then we got yelled at by this big General or something for charging... He wanted us to stand there and shoot only until we whittled their numbers down in tickets.
    This is why CSA tickets will be increased in the next update.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Im not making excuses for the poor Union show. I've experienced it myself over the last few nights. Inexperienced Officers taking charge (as stated) more concerned with marching out in order than seizing objectives. Clumping units together on exposed ridges when clearly a kneeling skirmish line is needed or better a different direction of attack.

However from what little experience I've seen of the maps, they seem to favour positionally at least, the CSA. The Bridge, Bloody lane and Church are easier to defend from the Confederates point of view than the constant charging over fields and fences Union.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    However from what little experience I've seen of the maps, they seem to favour positionally at least, the CSA. The Bridge, Bloody lane and Church are easier to defend from the Confederates point of view than the constant charging over fields and fences Union.
    That's how it was in real life. Lee had a good defensive position.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That's how it was in real life. Lee had a good defensive position.
    Yep its up to us, the Union, to drive you from those key positions. Currently with the splattering of Green Officers I've seen, its going to be a slow process.

Still loving it though....
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

If you look at the maps, and the terrain, Lee had command of nearly every approach to those positions and there was a massive amount of artillery supporting areas like Dunker. I highly recommend looking up the battlefield tour videos on Youtube, it gives you a much better understanding of how unforgiving that battlefield is.