Thread: Bugle Calls

USA 1st Lieutenant

Bugle Calls

During the Civil War, the bugle was used to communicate orders over the din and chaos of battle. Every soldier knew the calls, and often the calls differed from regiment to regiment, even company to company, so that orders would not be confused. I suggest that an officer be able to play bugle calls via a pinwheel menu (similar to that used for building in Rust), making sure his orders are heard all down the line. Perhaps an icon could pop up on every private's screen with the order, in case folks don't want to learn the calls. This would add a new layer of realism to an already immersive game.

- [1st NCSS] Pvt. Saper

USA 1st Lieutenant

This actually sounds like an interesting idea. I wonder if it's possible to add a musician class. The officer could select a call from the pinwheel, and the bugler would receive a notification to play the selected call. Alternatively, the officer could use voice chat to let the bugler know what to play.

Best,
    Dman979

CSA Lieutenant General

Both very interesting ideas to, like already stated, enhance and already immersive experience. Would certainly give more responsibility of battle to a musician class if/when they choose to include such a class.
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA Captain

This definitely sounds interesting! I would certainly be up for it. I believe a number of musicians per regiment would be a great immersive feature.
    Becoming more active in the WoR field as of late, hesitant to join a unit, however.

CSA Captain

I'm sure that the developers will implement musicians into the game but their focus is on the skirmishes at the moment.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA 2nd Lieutenant

if you have ever used bugle calls in real life its just make things worshee cause then u have multiple bugle calls going on its to hard to tell which is yours like 1 sounds retreat or the other does charge u have no idea what to do this happened at 155th Shiloh back in April

USA 1st Lieutenant

The point is for it to be historically accurate and immersive, not useful. Commands getting screwed up in this way would be hilarious if nothing else.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Of Longtree View Post
    if you have ever used bugle calls in real life its just make things worshee cause then u have multiple bugle calls going on its to hard to tell which is yours like 1 sounds retreat or the other does charge u have no idea what to do this happened at 155th Shiloh back in April

Dan, Dan, Dan Buterfield Buterfield!

Besides, I'm sure that the Devs can develop a system that works and is semi-accurate.

Best,
    Dman979