Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I second the notion of a Kill Count/Player win loose ratio

USA Captain

I think a kill count would ruin it a bit, especially in the area of role play. You shouldn't really know in the first place in certain circumstances, and it is more fun helping your team advance and take prisoners than having an incentive to just go Rambo and kill everyone in every circumstance like it's COD. A notification of the rounded number to the nearest 5 or so (estimate) of casualties caused by a company at the end of a game would be a nice addition though.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.

stop killing horses General hill!
    well i believe that keeping it as it is(no kill count) is good enough for skirmishes. I agree with raymond that the kill count would ruin the realism and NEW players would start playing rambo style for more kills. And for the skirmishes even a kill count per company isnt neccesary since player numbers in skirmishes are currently somewhat limited and that wont change significantly from what i understand(i mean that skirmishes are skirmishes after all not large battles). But a kill count would be fine to have for the large historical battles scenario but not per Player but per company.

CSA Captain

I dont want Kill counts or a bloody league tables, thats for those 'other' games..... not welcomed here thank you.
    4th Texas 'C' Company

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fearless Hussar View Post
    stop killing horses General hill! ....
    I ain't killing horses, they're already dead. I just like beating on em after they get that way.

USA Lieutenant General

I completely agree that individual kill counts would go against teamwork and frankly I don't want to play Call of Duty: American Civil War and have the players start judging each other by looking at how many times they died vs their kill count. It's a challenging enough game as it is and this would only lead to players bitching at each other for not killing enough of the enemy ("You got two?!?! I got fifteen, n00b!") and drive away players who are still trying to get the hang of the controls and the tricky aiming process.

My only request is some type of indicator to pop up for when I actually do get a kill, preferably out of the way but still noticeable. Perhaps a gray X for grazing shots and a red X for kill shots or something. I really would like to know, when shooting at long range, how effective my fire actually is and to be able to shout "Got him!" rather than "I think I got him but I'm not sure..." It allows you to feel pride in yourself when you know you're an effective member of the team rather than competing with your teammates for the most kills like a bunch of children.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    I completely agree that individual kill counts would go against teamwork and frankly I don't want to play Call of Duty: American Civil War and have the players start judging each other by looking at how many times they died vs their kill count. It's a challenging enough game as it is and this would only lead to players bitching at each other for not killing enough of the enemy ("You got two?!?! I got fifteen, n00b!") and drive away players who are still trying to get the hang of the controls and the tricky aiming process.

My only request is some type of indicator to pop up for when I actually do get a kill, preferably out of the way but still noticeable. Perhaps a gray X for grazing shots and a red X for kill shots or something. I really would like to know, when shooting at long range, how effective my fire actually is and to be able to shout "Got him!" rather than "I think I got him but I'm not sure..." It allows you to feel pride in yourself when you know you're an effective member of the team rather than competing with your teammates for the most kills like a bunch of children.
    I feel like its more refreshing to know that you got a kill since you saw your target fall than knowing you got the kill because something told you.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

No indications or notifications please. Just make company stats after the battle in global % overview.

And if we capture a flag that will be our trophy in the company tool! Bragging rights!

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I feel like its more refreshing to know that you got a kill since you saw your target fall than knowing you got the kill because something told you.
    At long range I usually can't see them fall, especially through the smoke. That might be more realistic, but it really makes me question whether or not my aiming techniques are working. It really would help morale if players know that they're personally doing a good job while avoiding the whole kill count bragging rights issue. As a Union player, morale is a pretty big issue most of the time.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    At long range I usually can't see them fall, especially through the smoke. That might be more realistic, but it really makes me question whether or not my aiming techniques are working. It really would help morale if players know that they're personally doing a good job while avoiding the whole kill count bragging rights issue. As a Union player, morale is a pretty big issue most of the time.
    The average ACW exchange of fire was 150 yards and below. We shouldn't be worrying about slugging it out at long-distance skirmishing other than to be a nuisance.