Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else annoyed by the slow animations and lack of being able to interrupt?

USA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    I agree with you that there are a few instances where a person would fire from the hip. But WoR is a game and thus we cannot cover every little "what if" out there. We have no plans in regards to allow firing from the hip.

- Trusty
    I completely understand but I do think firing from the hip while boots are plated should be looked at or considered in the future.

- Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle422 View Post
    I completely understand but I do think firing from the hip while boots are plated should be looked at or considered in the future.

- Kyle
    We have no current or future plans of supporting it.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

The problem with firing from the hip in game is that you really don't have a sense of the direction of travel for the ball. In real life you can "feel" about where the rifle is aiming, but in game that perception is lost. It may be a neat feature since it takes a long time currently to go from shoulder to aim, but I doubt it will be implemented soon if at all.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Lieutenant General

I agree with you that there are a few instances where a person would fire from the hip. But WoR is a game and thus we cannot cover every little "what if" out there. We have no plans in regards to allow firing from the hip.

- Trusty
    Agreed!
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    The problem with firing from the hip in game is that you really don't have a sense of the direction of travel for the ball. In real life you can "feel" about where the rifle is aiming, but in game that perception is lost. It may be a neat feature since it takes a long time currently to go from shoulder to aim, but I doubt it will be implemented soon if at all.
    True! The only situation I could think of is what I explained earlier. One *final* shot before entering melee. And in my mind, like I said, the enemy would have to pretty much have my muzzle buried in his gut! I don't support any idea of random from-the-hip firing elsewhere on the battlefield, just shoving the muzzle in the belly of the enemy.

Edit: Shit, sorry for the double post!
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA General of the Army

Maybe a fire from the hip for officer pistols? If you're in a proper battle and having to use your pistol then it's close to game over for you and your men.

USA Captain

If you skip to around 3:20 you can see exactly what everyone is talking about in this thread. A union soldier reloading while a reb is charging him and not aiming but firing from the hip at close range because he doesn't have time to aim. this is why firing from the hip should be implimented but only as a highly innacurate last resort kind of thing.

edit: after that you can shortly see an officer hip firing a pistol like Bravescot suggested
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldestroyer View Post

If you skip to around 3:20 you can see exactly what everyone is talking about in this thread. A union soldier reloading while a reb is charging him and not aiming but firing from the hip at close range because he doesn't have time to aim. this is why firing from the hip should be implimented but only as a highly innacurate last resort kind of thing.

edit: after that you can shortly see an officer hip firing a pistol like Bravescot suggested
    By that logic, you will be able to tell us to implement just about everything humanly possible. Just because it can happen doesn't mean it should be implemented into the game.

- Trusty

USA Captain

By that logic, you will be able to tell us to implement just about everything humanly possible. Just because it can happen doesn't mean it should be implemented into the game.

- Trusty
    I realize that you can't implement everything but this just seems to be more important than let's say being able to hit people with a stick they find or throwing rocks or spitting on an enemy to blind them
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Yeah, of course the developers should cave and make fire from the hip, hell Hollywood supports it, it's gotta be real.