Thread: Serious Lag during skirmeshes.

USA Major

Serious Lag during skirmeshes.

Last night while skirmishing, I experienced serious lag in my movements. I would press a key to move and have to wait up to 30-40 seconds for a response. I would aim my rifle at a target and by the time I pressed fire, the target had moved way out of sight. Is this due to a server problem or is my internet connection too slow?? It doesn't seem to happen all the time, but last night (5/22) was truly frustrating so I just gave up and went to bed.

First report of such slow respond times I've heard. Would be interested to hear if others experienced it as well.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Curious as to your location in the world and the server you were playing on to experience this.

Frankly while electronic pulses over the internet travel at astounding speeds, all it takes is one piece of dated equipment, (equivalent to a faucet on a garden hose,) to impede the signals.

Also if your personal equipment isn't up to spec, then it's not necessarily a problem with the game servers.

CSA Captain

I experienced some lag and fps drops last night as well, which was unusual. It happened maybe twice but went away in a minute or two. Didn't bother me too much. I believe it was on the heights at Burnside's Bridge.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Major

General Hill..I am not far from you..in Baltimore, MD. I have a brand new system : Alienware iNTEL I7-7700cpu @3.6 Ghz RAM 16.0 GB, 64 Bit OS, Windows 10, Nvidea GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11.0GB using Xfinity router 144 Mb/s.

Is this helpful?

I was at the Dunker church, mostly, but also experienced at Burnside bridge. It was very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by stiffstarch View Post
    General Hill..I am not far from you..in Baltimore, MD. I have a brand new system : Alienware iNTEL I7-7700cpu @3.6 Ghz RAM 16.0 GB, 64 Bit OS, Windows 10, Nvidea GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11.0GB using Xfinity router 144 Mb/s.

Is this helpful?

I was at the Dunker church, mostly, but also experienced at Burnside bridge. It was very frustrating.
    It is possible our server provider had a bit of a downtime or what is more likely is that the server just needed to be restarted. We've had report of them acting up after a few days of being online (which is to be expected due to the bugs in the alpha).

- Trusty

USA Major

Kind of off topic, but what key do you hit to take a screen shot? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stiffstarch View Post
    Kind of off topic, but what key do you hit to take a screen shot? Thanks.
    Print screen (once for the old timey camera effect to kick in, twice for it to capture) or alternatively shift-F12 if you wish to capture via Steam I believe.

- Trusty

USA Captain

While we're on the topic of really slow servers, I can't ever seem to get on and play because the server lag is so bad. I get a black screen after the loading screen goes away and I won't be able to ever play the game. It's frustrating, especially after I've been waiting so long for the Skirmishes to come out. And I don't have a potato for a computer. My computer is BEEFY and runs all other games just fine, almost with no lag.

Edits: Corrected spelling errors.
    Last edited by Alexander Greene; 05-24-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Greene View Post
    While we're on the topic of really slow servers, I can't ever seem to get on and play because the server lag is so bad. I get a black screen after the loading screen goes away and I won't be able to ever play the game. It's frustrating, especially after I've been waiting so long for the Skirmishes to come out. And I don't have a potato for a computer. My computer is BEEFY and runs all other games just fine, almost with no lag.

Edits: Corrected spelling errors.
    That is not due to server lag.

- Trusty