Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two week ban on players using racial slurs

CSA Major

Two week ban on players using racial slurs

I propose to the devs, that if a player is caught using racial slurs in chat, or in voice communication, that the said player has his ip address banned from the servers for a period of time. Was playing yesterday, and some clown thought it was amusing to call the Union side "N" lovers. Not cool. Then was trying to say he was roleplaying. Not a fan of that, and people who support this game and who really enjoy this game, should not have to listen to such garbage. This is the best online game community I have ever been a part of, and like most of you, would not like to have it ruined by fools who cannot conduct themselves accordingly. Some are starting to filter through.

That is all, thanks.
    Last edited by TwistedDNA; 05-24-2017 at 02:46 PM.

USA Major

Absolutely! This game should in no way being an excuse for anybody to act out their secret or not so secret white supremacy phantasies. +1

I'd agree with that. Though a certain amount of "in-character" is alright, that would be taking it too far.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedDNA View Post
    I propose to the devs, that if a player is caught using racial slurs in chat, or in voice communication, that the said player has his ip address banned from the servers for a period of time. Was playing yesterday, and some clown thought it was amusing to call the Union side "N" lovers. Not cool. Then was trying to say he was roleplaying. Not a fan of that, and people who support this game and who really enjoy this game, should not have to listen to such garbage. This is the best online game community I have ever been a part of, and like most of you, would not like to have it ruined by fools who cannot conduct themselves accordingly. Some are starting to filter through.

That is all, thanks.
    Agreed. Despite there being a Confederate Army, there should be no racial discrimination in this game.

USA Brigadier General

Easy solution: Just add an option in the game that changes No No words into something family friendly(for chat). voices in the game, well you're shit outta luck there, you can't control what someone says through a mic, and frankly, if you go as far as to ban someone for using a word that you feel is awful, then what's next? People won't be able to drop F-bombs?

If you don't like people saying the word, then try not to stay around those said people, it's skirmishes after all, you don't need to stick with the group.

"N***er" isn't anywhere near as bad as "F*ck"

With one, you show clear dislike for an entire race. Another is just a way to bring attention to something.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Racial slurs have no place in our game. If we catch you doing it you'll be looking at a major ban, possibly for good.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    "N***er" isn't anywhere near as bad as "F*ck"

With one, you show clear dislike for an entire race. Another is just a way to bring attention to something.
    I understand that, but I just can't see the N-word as a word that has any kind of significance anymore, When you have black people calling other blacks this "racist" word it loses all meaning. personally i'd hope people in the game don't use it( or if they say it, try and relax with using it) because it's got no real place in conversation.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsmithern View Post
    Easy solution: Just add an option in the game that changes No No words into something family friendly(for chat). voices in the game, well you're shit outta luck there, you can't control what someone says through a mic, and frankly, if you go as far as to ban someone for using a word that you feel is awful, then what's next? People won't be able to drop F-bombs?

If you don't like people saying the word, then try not to stay around those said people, it's skirmishes after all, you don't need to stick with the group.
    I agree and Too much oversight like this can easily kill a games playerbase. If people look and see people getting banned for trivial things in the Alpha why would they even back? Or Whose to say soon we wont be able to move out of formation or we get banned.

In chat I wholeheartedly agree that it should be Censored and ppl can get chat bans, But permanent bans? Thats pretty dumb in my opinion for a Supposed Realistic to the era game. Yeah going over the top is understandable , But maybe the devs should do like all other games and make a freaking mute button. Maybe a chat ban for a period of time if they get too uppity , But to remove someone who purchased the game because someone said something they didn't like?

Pretty SJW in my opinion.

CSA Captain

Does that include 'Limey'
    4th Texas 'C' Company