Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't join servers with higher population

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Twinkie125 View Post
    A friend of mine was having this same issue with his version. He is able to load into an empty server like normal, but if there is even a single player online, he will initially get the loading screen, will sometimes hear the ambient noise you normally hear, and will then receive a black screen that will remain there indefinitely (He's sat there for 5-10 minutes at times).

Here's the CPU/GPU just so you know what he's running

CPU: Intel (R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX1060
    RAM: 8GB
    This is rather similar to my issue, however I can join servers with 5-7 players, nothing more. If people join the server that I am in and the population goes above the aforementioned 5-7, I will crash/freeze.

I also have an Nvidia graphics processor (GTX 860M) with 8GB RAM, Intel i7 CPU.

USA Captain

Update.
    -I just tried to join a server with 11 players and crashed outright, straight to desktop, no black screen, nothing.

USA Captain

Tried again, server had 48 players. Went to "map loading" screen with 60fps, finished after a brief time, then went to a black screen with 60fps for 9 minutes before I closed it. The FPS did change numbers once or twice throughout that whole period. The mouse cursor was not visible during this process.

USA Major

I am having the same issue, but can play ARMA3 with MAX settings with 50+ players with no lag. Granted that ARMA 3 probably uses a different engine and probably doesn't tax the system as much as Cryengine. Still..I love this game!!! Today, May 28 in the morning, USA, tried EU servers and kept getting crashed to desktop. Then restarted game and tried to join USA server, same thing..crash to desk top. Only 2 players on at time. EU ping was 113, USA ping was 55. Hope this helps some.
    Last edited by stiffstarch; 05-28-2017 at 02:58 PM.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by stiffstarch View Post
    I am having the same issue, but can play ARMA3 with MAX settings with 50+ players with no lag. Granted that ARMA 3 probably uses a different engine and probably doesn't tax the system as much as Cryengine. Still..I love this game!!! Today, May 28 in the morning, USA, tried EU servers and kept getting crashed to desktop. Then restarted game and tried to join USA server, same thing..crash to desk top. Only 2 players on at time. EU ping was 113, USA ping was 55. Hope this helps some.
    Yes, this is fairly similar to my issue.

USA Captain

Tried again a little while ago after installing the most recent driver update (released a few days ago), no change from the usual results. Oh well

CSA Major

This seems to be an issue with several of my lot too.
    Low population servers may be accessed and enjoyed in good-time but the populated servers see clients crashing.

USA Major

I am having the same issue.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 9700
    RAM: 16GB

Also i have had luck with joining low pop servers, and no issues as server populated from 7 players to 35 players or more.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by [RG]Chewie View Post
    I am having the same issue.

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 9700
    RAM: 16GB

Also i have had luck with joining low pop servers, and no issues as server populated from 7 players to 35 players or more.

I'm posting this on behalf of my pal, this is his system.

CPU: Intel i5 6500 3.2GhZ
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX960
    RAM: 8GB DDR3

Are you saying that you can join a server if it is below 35 players?

USA Major

I joined when the server had 7 and it populated to 35 while on was on the server and i had no issues what so ever.