Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sharps rifle?

USA Captain

Sharps rifle?

Hello. I am new to skirmishes and just pledged yesterday. It is simply fantastic, glorious, and brilliant. I have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I do have one pressing question however I can't seem to find the answer to. How do I choose which weapon I spawn in with in a class in a regiment? It seems to me the type of revolver/rifle you spawn in with is random right now. I was mainly wondering this because I see other people using the Sharps rifle, and I really want to give it a go and try it out. It is such a cool weapon. How do I equip it?

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by KernelPopcorn View Post
    It is random. You have to spawn as a Union sharpshooter.
    Entirely random?
    I was under the assumption that there were some regiments (namely, the 42nd PAVI) that it was standard issue to.

Best,
    Dman979

USA Captain

The 42nd PA and the sharp shooter regiment (is it the 1st USSS that's in the game right now?) have them as their standard rifle, as long as you spawn in as a private of course.

USA Captain

sharpsshooter,,,,sharprifle....you can join my companny,,,,USS2nd berdan sharpshooter

I am new to skirmishes too . I heard that it was a radom. If you find the exact answer, please tell me.

CSA Captain

I don't believe I've ever spawned as 1st USSS or 42nd PA and NOT gotten a sharps. Doesn't mean they're aren't a few other spawn possibilities.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

USA Lieutenant General

All the times i spawned as a 42nd or 1st USSS private i got the sharps.

USA Major

Someone finally told me why I wasn't seeing this choice. The screen that lets you select which regiment you are and uniform now is two pages long. Just have to click on the "Next" arrow above the list to see the 2nd page that has the Sharp Shooters on it.
    Lightfoot

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
    Someone finally told me why I wasn't seeing this choice. The screen that lets you select which regiment you are and uniform now is two pages long. Just have to click on the "Next" arrow above the list to see the 2nd page that has the Sharp Shooters on it.
    Actually, it was two pages long since the begin..

USA Major

Right now if you select Sharp Shooter regiment you seem to get a Sharps. Doesn't appear to be random.

Since it is such a superior weapon to the Springfields, are they planning to limit them later?
    I would definitely give the Union side an edge in a skirmish if everyone showed up with a Sharps.
    Lightfoot