Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-game planning and organization timer

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Meaning with like 200 players, you have to wait like 30 Minutes to get into action ? i dont think that will get much acceptance from the player base.
    I didnt say linear scaling.

I thought about giving one minute per 40 men for example.

Cpt. William Hexamer
    Battery Commander

Battery A, 1st New Jersey Light Artillery
    The German Volunteers

I really like this idea, since I'm sick of people scrambling elsewhere without formations.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRob View Post
    I really like this idea, since I'm sick of people scrambling elsewhere without formations.
    Welp, this is why we're still in alpha mode ... to get these things worked out.

USA Captain

id say like 30 seconds MAX.. you should need much more than that

CSA Colonel

Any chance we can get dev input on this?

Texans Always Move Them

Quote Originally Posted by LTC Philip A. Work View Post
    Any chance we can get dev input on this?
    Might be a good idea for the future. It's not on our priority list at the moment.

- Trusty

Great Idea +1

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I recommend taking the overall game timer out of the formula. Much of many complaints I've read about constantly changing with bayonets, over population of revolver carrying players I think boils down to the time limitations. Remove that completely and justleave it as a ticket consumption process may get players into the stand up inline and blast away at each other.

Timed events, I think, will be the bane of player artillery. Getting the artillery from spawn to an actual usable post in game could be time consuming and render it almost useless.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    I recommend taking the overall game timer out of the formula. Much of many complaints I've read about constantly changing with bayonets, over population of revolver carrying players I think boils down to the time limitations. Remove that completely and justleave it as a ticket consumption process may get players into the stand up inline and blast away at each other.

Timed events, I think, will be the bane of player artillery. Getting the artillery from spawn to an actual usable post in game could be time consuming and render it almost useless.
    Won't no time limitations increase mass charges because that is a quicker way to kill off tickets faster. Espically if somebody is dug in.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Won't no time limitations increase mass charges because that is a quicker way to kill off tickets faster. Espically if somebody is dug in.
    I think that will depend on how dynamic the morale system is. If a unit charging gets repulsed/all soldiers killed and that teams morale takes a serious hit I can see it being a huge deterrent to melee centric gameplay.

My opinion is that all capture points should either be removed or changed so they don't directly affect the outcome of the battle. After all, the goal of these battles during the war was to route or destroy the opposing force, the famous locations that we all know of (the angle at Gettysburg, the Sunken Road at Antietam, Burnside's Bridge and the heights above) were simply superior bits of ground to defend against an attack or facilitate an overwhelming/outmaneuvering attack. I think the devs are going in this direction with the current morale system but, again in my opinion, the goal of these battles should be the destruction or route of the opposing force, the terrain features and locations should be used incidentally when they favor the present goal of the respective force. In the long run this will lead to a steadier pace of gameplay and really put emphasis on maneuver and placement of troops by officers and NCOs giving us that "realistic" feel that many are looking for.

As of right now it still feels like speedball with muzzle loaders.
    Last edited by LTC Philip A. Work; 09-08-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Texans Always Move Them