Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pre-game planning and organization timer

RhettVito
    100% agree with you on this I would hope something like this could be added

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Won't no time limitations increase mass charges because that is a quicker way to kill off tickets faster. Espically if somebody is dug in.
    Can't say for sure, but I'm thinking not.

What I see going on now, is that as soon as someone gets killed, and respawns, their immediate aim is to get back to the site of the fighting as soon as possible, because of the timer limitations.

If sides know in advance that there is no timer to beat, then they may be more prone to remaining in the respawn area to allow a larger group reforming and then advancing again as a body of troops instead of a scattered individual race to get back to a victory point Which as Mr. Work stated, victory points may also be a component of the problem. (While I understand the developer's intent with this, to direct players to where the action is to take place.) I think with the size of the maps, some form of direction needs to be in place otherwise, groups of players could march all over the virtual creation and not run into each other, which if it is a timed event, then no one wins, whereas if it is untimed, there may be a possibility of a collision.

But getting back to the point, it is apparent that groups of players on both sides want and desire to organize themselves prior to, and during the battle, and I think this is exactly what the developers want to happen. Timing a game may be self defeating in that regard.

Again, I think bayonet charges will be attempted because of the lack of mortality as well as lack of morale infusion as players see members of their teams falling giving them some indication of the severity of the defender's firepower.

So it gets into the other many threads on these forums regarding the mortality and morality issues that do not seem to be in place at this time. But I feel that having timers on events/skirmishes just adds to the issues.

CSA Major

Well, the power of a massed bayonet charge can do unbelievable amounts of damage. When the timer is counting down, It can sometimes lead to just trying to bum rush the point. However, It can lead to some amazing desperate last second fighting trying to hold, or take the point.

USA Lieutenant Colonel

+1 to OP, a feature like this is really suited to WOR.

Could make it a serverside option if some people don't like it.

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Great idea!