Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: strong advice

USA Captain

Smile strong advice

aim will lead to gun not steady...could dev add left key to steady the gun when aiming at target??

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Cheeyeah,

I strongly suggest you do a search for the terms "gun sway", then read all the posts by either Fancy Sweetroll or Trusty Jam.
    You'll find all the information you need. Gun sway will continue to be a thing. Your rifle will never be rock solid.

USA Lieutenant General

It always does feel exaggerated especially if you've held a musket before, but once the officer count update takes place and most of us are forced to use them then at least it will be fair.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Cheeyeah,
    Gun sway will continue to be a thing. Your rifle will never be rock solid.
    Nor should it be ... as anyone who has done Rifle PT can attest to. heh
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

USA Captain

I mean Reduce the size of the random movement of the muzzle, or a method that accelerates the target, similar to holding your breath.NOT mean removing the effect。At close range,,aim will be faster,dont you think so?This will make close battle shooting will be waste of time,,you have to go melee if you have a distance of 20 yards with one enemy

CSA Captain

The only thing i dislike about the gun sway in the game is its not much of a sway but my gun aim just continues to go down and down and can get rather annoying. Hoping there will be a slight change to this to make it within a radius rather thank linear

CSA Captain

I'll go ahead and throw my two cents in,

I can see the sway being a thing when you're being bombarded by shells and Minie balls, but at least tone it down a little bit, when I hold my rifle during my reenactments the sway is quite small, but with what Herzog is saying I can see the aim going down, you're holding an 8 to 12 pound rifle for 10 or 20 seconds, it's going to weigh down on your arms after a while. I think the sway should be relatively small when not being shot at, but should increase when taking small arms fire or artillery fire.

USA Captain

support

Quote Originally Posted by Herzog View Post
    The only thing i dislike about the gun sway in the game is its not much of a sway but my gun aim just continues to go down and down and can get rather annoying. Hoping there will be a slight change to this to make it within a radius rather thank linear
    that what we want,,,,decrease the effect to aiming,,,it is not natural,,,just a little smoother will be ok,,and this may save many soldiers' lives

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LocJope View Post
    I'll go ahead and throw my two cents in,

I can see the sway being a thing when you're being bombarded by shells and Minie balls, but at least tone it down a little bit, when I hold my rifle during my reenactments the sway is quite small, but with what Herzog is saying I can see the aim going down, you're holding an 8 to 12 pound rifle for 10 or 20 seconds, it's going to weigh down on your arms after a while. I think the sway should be relatively small when not being shot at, but should increase when taking small arms fire or artillery fire.
    This. The sway is way too exaggerated at the moment imo. Weapons don't sway that much when using them irl, at least not in my experience.
    I'm talking of the sway when you first aim, not the one where your weapon is steady, after the gun is steady the sway is good.
    Jesse S. Crosby, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - May 6, 1864

Samuel T. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - September 2, 1862

Joseph C. McKenzie, 20th Georgia Infantry, July 15, 1861 - October 1, 1863

Henry C. McKenzie, 3rd Georgia Infantry, June 1, 1861 - January 28, 1863

Charles R. Beddingfield, 38th Alabama Infantry

Samuel L. Cowart, Cobb's Legion

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    This. The sway is way too exaggerated at the moment imo. Weapons don't sway that much when using them irl, at least not in my experience.
    I'm talking of the sway when you first aim, not the one where your weapon is steady, after the gun is steady the sway is good.
    I agree, gun sway atm is too exaggerated, I put up the gun and it starts swaying once I point at something.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX