Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Melee feels incredibly nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    The delay between attacks is there for a reason. Without it, as it was when skirmishes first released, you'll be seeing one lone rambo sneak up on a line and kill everyone in a few seconds due to the spamability of melee attacking.

While melee, as everything else in the alpha, surely is a work in progress, we need to keep the delay in place - unless you want to be able to not go down before you've gotten several bayonet stabs which would go against our focus on authenticity. WoR was never marketed as a huge melee game; it was always made clear that melee is a last resort kind of thing and not the central game system.

- Trusty
    Improving the power of the bayonet would only furthur encourage players to break or rout in the face of it. That would only add authenticity. Besides, rambo bayonet fighters are nowhere near as bad as officers. What's completely unauthentic is rebels constantly charging toward you with ridiculously accurate revolvers, and killing you in either ranged or melee combat before you can aim or even just fix bayonet. I will be happy with the curre t state of melee when officers lose all their power, or their revolver, or something of the sort.

This is only the more reason to add pistol reloading. Make officers spawn unloaded like the rest of the infantry and there will be no problems, especially with TKing.

And as I mention, at least speed up switching to melee and fixing bayonet. I can send you a video of myself fixing a bayonet and coming to a good stance in a tenth of the time someone in game could do, if you need convincing.
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png

Quote Originally Posted by David Dire View Post
    Improving the power of the bayonet would only furthur encourage players to break or rout in the face of it. That would only add authenticity. Besides, rambo bayonet fighters are nowhere near as bad as officers. What's completely unauthentic is rebels constantly charging toward you with ridiculously accurate revolvers, and killing you in either ranged or melee combat before you can aim or even just fix bayonet. I will be happy with the curre t state of melee when officers lose all their power, or their revolver, or something of the sort.

This is only the more reason to add pistol reloading. Make officers spawn unloaded like the rest of the infantry and there will be no problems, especially with TKing.

And as I mention, at least speed up switching to melee and fixing bayonet. I can send you a video of myself fixing a bayonet and coming to a good stance in a tenth of the time someone in game could do, if you need convincing.
    Class limitations will be implemented soon. The days of half the team using revolvers are soon to be a thing of the past.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Class limitations will be implemented soon. The days of half the team using revolvers are soon to be a thing of the past.

- Trusty
    why go half when you can go full
    20170603185435_1.jpg
    20170603185309_1.jpg
    20170603185432_1.jpg
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

USA Lieutenant General

- Trusty
    Will that be on a "first come, first serve" basis or something else? Personally I'd like it if we could somehow "elect" our officer(s) at the beginning of the match so that some greedy jerk doesn't just grab it immediately because he wants the revolver and we can actually decide who will lead us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Kaizer View Post
    Will that be on a "first come, first serve" basis or something else? Personally I'd like it if we could somehow "elect" our officer(s) at the beginning of the match so that some greedy jerk doesn't just grab it immediately because he wants the revolver and we can actually decide who will lead us.
    No, for that you will need to play on private servers. Take bad leadership as an experience and try to help the officer become a good leader instead.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

No, for that you will need to play on private servers. Take bad leadership as an experience and try to help the officer become a good leader instead.

- Trusty
    In games with limited and important leadership classes it's not the bad or inexperienced leaders that are the most annoying problem, but the people who are uninterested in leading to begin with.
    1stNCSS(A)-1st Sgt. Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
    In games with limited and important leadership classes it's not the bad or inexperienced leaders that are the most annoying problem, but the people who are uninterested in leading to begin with.
    I agree. I have no wish to lead people and thus I haven't played as either an NCO or Officer in Skirmishes yet. However, should a player that is not interested in leading indeed spawn as one, simply follow another officer or NCO instead then.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

- Trusty
    That's of course assuming that they wanted to lead in the first place instead of just wanting the revolver. Hopefully it won't be too big of an issue though.

I guess I basically said the same thing that Reimer did.
    Last edited by Kane Kaizer; 06-06-2017 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Highlighting redundancy

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Actually the more annoying are those who refuse to attempt any semblance of following a leader whether good or bad. There are yet too many still ingrained into the Rambo style of game play from games previous to this attempt.

This game is cutting edge in trying to get people to understand and abide by regulations that are now considered antiquated. Let the leaders lead. It's the men they're trying to lead who refuse to be led that will make this an effort.

A leader being elected is much worse than anyone joining.

And any official word on greatly speeding up fixing bayobet and switching to melee?
    http://i.imgur.com/STUHVb8.png