Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: for the love go god you have to stop the teamkilling

CSA Major

for the love go god you have to stop the teamkilling

if the dev dont do something about the teamkilling then this game has no chance
    dont know if it is greifers or just idiots but something has to be done either make the uniforms more blue and grey or take out team damage all together it is ruining this game ever other kill is like a team kill dont know if people are just stupid or it is hard to tell who is who but it has to come to an end

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by sal_tuskin View Post
    if the dev dont do something about the teamkilling then this game has no chance
    dont know if it is greifers or just idiots but something has to be done either make the uniforms more blue and grey or take out team damage all together it is ruining this game ever other kill is like a team kill dont know if people are just stupid or it is hard to tell who is who but it has to come to an end
    Team killing is historically accurate in the Civil War and getting each other's uniform confused in the smoke is quite real
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

On top of what Saris said, there are already systems in place in game to automatically kick players who TK too much within a short period of time. Ive had only a few problems with TKs and have always received a sorry in return.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    Team killing is historically accurate in the Civil War and getting each other's uniform confused in the smoke is quite real
    Just ask J.E.B. Stewart ... some trigger happy pickets changed the entire war, dramatically.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major

well that maybe but it happend all the time last nite and i feel it is a lot of people who dont get on the side the want
    you either are csa or union it needs to be you cant join until there is a spot open that will solve that problem since you are going to make people choose roles in the company or how they spawn you need to make them choose a side and stay on that side

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Just ask J.E.B. Stewart ... some trigger happy pickets changed the entire war, dramatically.
    Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was the one killed by a friendly picket, Jeb Stuart was killed by a Indiana cavalryman.
    Last edited by JaegerCoyote; 06-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    First Sergeant Joseph P. Brevett of Company B, 2nd Maryland Infantry

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;- William Shakespeare, Henry V

A Good Resource for The Maryland Campaign

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    All the more reason for you to form lines.

Yes I know sometimes lines break, people scatter, people get confused. All the more for at least one flag bearer per side, and people staying around it.

Not having been in skirmishes yet, could the TKS be a result of respawned team mates returning?

More reason to stray away from constantly meleeing. Form the line, move as a line, rinse and repeat.

I hope this can be resolved.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerCoyote View Post
    Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was the one killed by a friendly picket, Jeb was killed by a Indiana cavalryman.
    Ah crap you are right ... must need more coffee
    Appreciate the correction. /looks for a bush to hide behind in shame

BOT: I believe they will fix this long before Launch when the settings are set in concrete.
    Testing always has its own Set of Rules so that certain aspects can be stressed.

I must admit that the Rambo and Squeaker mentalities drive me to look for that TK button, despite my better judgement. heh
    I imagine that, too, will sort itself out when they find themselves unable to join a company because their name has become Mudd from burning through Enlistments in companies who won't tolerate the nonsense.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

Stick to your teammates at all times and your risk of being TK'ed/TK'ing others will drop to near zero.

I've TK'ed a friendly once in Skirmishes. That was a Confederate up on the ridge (Union point of attack) in the Bloody Lane skirmish area.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    All the more reason for you to form lines.

Yes I know sometimes lines break, people scatter, people get confused. All the more for at least one flag bearer per side, and people staying around it.

Not having been in skirmishes yet, could the TKS be a result of respawned team mates returning?

More reason to stray away from constantly meleeing. Form the line, move as a line, rinse and repeat.

I hope this can be resolved.
    I agree people are to keen to charge all the time. Not needed at all.
    Other thing I do not understand is people forming lines only and forgot the use of skirmish line totally!