27 51.92%
  • Just right

22 42.31%
  • Too little

3 5.77%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Currently too much arty

CSA Colonel

Have there been any real world tests to see what the kill radius for a 3in rifle shell or 12-lb Napoleon shell is?

Texans Always Move Them

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I'm almost certain that information exists as a matter of record.

Just have to find the correct way publications.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMundy View Post
    I suppose you could call the war a 'real world test on the deadliness of various shell types'.

I despise the artillery. It's the only thing which ever got me angry at a game within the last 5 years. It's bloody heat seeking. Nevermind where you are, it will come down on you. Sometimes it will even kill you while sprinting through a forrest. And when one of those grand barrages comes down everyone will just run for their lifes and leave any order behind. That you have to keep running because of the damn artillery following you is hilarious.
    I would have no problem with any of this if it were actual players turning Dunker's into London 1940. But since it's mere RNG at this point I would rather have no arty at all. Or have it at least fire at random positions rather than it knowing where the enemy is at all time.
    You're wrong. It is entirely random as to where it hits at the moment. It's not "heat seeking".

- Trusty

CSA Major

Haha, I feel incredibly stupid now. I was 100% convinced that it came down on players positions. It's just that nevermind where I am I will get hit in the face by a shell, but it has been like that in NW aswell. It's annoying none the less, so I suppose I would support toning it a bit down.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MrMundy View Post
    Haha, I feel incredibly stupid now. I was 100% convinced that it came down on players positions. It's just that nevermind where I am I will get hit in the face by a shell, but it has been like that in NW aswell. It's annoying none the less, so I suppose I would support toning it a bit down.
    Yes it does feel like that but Im sure its the fact that where ever you are the sound of the artillery is so loud it feels just over your head.
    4th Texas 'C' Company