• Too much

27 51.92%
  • Just right

22 42.31%
  • Too little

3 5.77%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Currently too much arty

Just Wait Till The 1st New York Gets To Command Them Guns...hahahaha....HAHAHAHAH..HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

well actually I would be that CO to stand infront of the cannon, yell fire and get shot in the back
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ThomasHBates

1st New York Battery A, Empire Battery

USA General of the Army

The artillery during the battle was known to be some of the worst shelling during the war.

And Battery A had best be prepared for some counter-battery fire.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    The artillery during the battle was known to be some of the worst shelling during the war.

And Battery A had best be prepared for some counter-battery fire.
    I'm sure people have seen this, as I believe it was here in the forum that I was first introduced to it. I'd like to hear some of the artillery fire going past me in-game, versus always feeling likes it surrounding me. As it was a common occurrence for fuse lengths to be miscalculated as is documented during the artillery barrage prior to Pickett's Charge. Thoughts?

Old video of Civil War artillery firing AT you!
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA General of the Army

There's another video floating around where a guy mimicked the barrage at Gettysburg. Many accounts said it was deafening.

USA Lieutenant General

IMO there isn't too much artillery, as long as it hits both sides equally hard, however I do hate that it hits so frequently at the spawn area.

CSA Lieutenant General

Honestly I feel like the arty could be more deadly. I imagine much more death and destruction in the area of an explosion than what is seen now, even after the increase. Maybe even to the point of shock wave knocking people down or getting sprayed by dirt, etc.
    Col. Hatcher
    Adjutant, Drayton's Brigade

In Memoriam of my Confederate Ancestors:

Lt. General Nathan Bedford Forrest, Major William H. Forrest, Lt. Col. Aaron Forrest, Col. Jeffrey Forrest, Lt. Col. Jesse Forrest, Captain James M. Cathey, Harrison Haynes, Harper Haynes, Jopseh Martin, William G. Hatcher, John A. Hatcher, John J. Hatcher, D. Wesley Hatcher, James L. Hatcher

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchmo View Post
    Honestly I feel like the arty could be more deadly. I imagine much more death and destruction in the area of an explosion than what is seen now, even after the increase. Maybe even to the point of shock wave knocking people down or getting sprayed by dirt, etc.
    I feel some of of what you describe might already be happening. How would you know what's going on around you when its difficult at best to see once your screen goes black/gray and begins to flicker and stutter and the sound. I'm not saying that in a negative fashion, all of those things are expected, I'm just saying how would you expect to see other soldiers knocked over if the artillery is in your area? You should be dealing with the affects, not seeing the affects on others. Now, if you're referring to seeing a group of people take an almost direct hit, but you're out of the vicinity to be affected, so be it, not sure I've experienced that yet either.
    Civil War Ancestors:

RhettVito
    From my standpoint, I say make it more deadly larger kill radius bigger explosion . Then make it very random shots artillery barrage with less accurate shots all in one spot .

CSA Captain

Please reduce the quantity of barrages but increase its deadliness!
    4th Texas 'C' Company

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Caldwell View Post
    Please reduce the quantity of barrages but increase its deadliness!
    im with you on that !