Thread: Destructible Environments?

USA Major

Destructible Environments?

Hi Guys...Just wondering if some of the environment aspects will be destructible as fighting goes on. I especially mean the corn stalks in the cornfields. Going through them is like going through a maze and you never know when your going to bump in to the enemy. Accounts from the battle of Antietam say the cornfield was pretty much destroyed early in the battle and period photos don't show much corn standing after the battle...( Miller's Cornfield and Piper's Cornfield). it would be cool to have the corn gradually destroyed as the artillery and infantry fire reeks havoc.

CSA Captain

I'm a huge fan of destructible environments, makes it feel more real. Like a tree cracking from a cannonball or something. Would be awesome to see it implemented.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/show...lina-Boys-quot

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Rawlings View Post
    I'm a huge fan of destructible environments, makes it feel more real. Like a tree cracking from a cannonball or something. Would be awesome to see it implemented.
    I feel like I've heard a sound like a projectile hitting or ricocheting off of the rail fences since a recent update, am I wrong or do you hear it too? It's definitely not like destructible environment though.
    Civil War Ancestors:

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by dmurray6 View Post
    I feel like I've heard a sound like a projectile hitting or ricocheting off of the rail fences since a recent update, am I wrong or do you hear it too? It's definitely not like destructible environment though.
    I've definitely heard that.
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings
    Company K, 38th North Carolina, Pender's Brigade, A.P. Hill's Division, Jackson's Corps, Army of Northern Virginia

USA General of the Army

Heard it and yes Destructible Environments are wonderful and immersing.
    If do-able my /Vote is YES
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Heard it and yes Destructible Environments are wonderful and immersing.
    If do-able my /Vote is YES
    Some of us just won't be happy until we're literally shitting our pants during game play!
    Civil War Ancestors:

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Sad to say but many folks here who think they may have an idea that hasn't been raised in the 3+ years of the life of this game could be grievously mistaken.

This is true with the title of this thread "Destructible Environment".

In the upper right area of the forums is a white box that has a magnifying glass next to it, it's a forums search function. Typing key words into this and hitting enter will provide the user with a plethora of existing topics on the given subject.

As you can see from my link above, just typing the word "destructible" brought up comments from the developers breaching this topic.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sad to say but many folks here who think they may have an idea that hasn't been raised in the 3+ years of the life of this game could be grievously mistaken.

This is true with the title of this thread "Destructible Environment".

In the upper right area of the forums is a white box that has a magnifying glass next to it, it's a forums search function. Typing key words into this and hitting enter will provide the user with a plethora of existing topics on the given subject.

As you can see from my link above, just typing the word "destructible" brought up comments from the developers breaching this topic.
    The search button never seems to work for me...
    To the Colors!

Captain Lance Rawlings

USA General of the Army

And THAT is why A.P. is a General of the Army ... they don't teach about the little white box until you get to The War College. heh
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.