Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera Detachment/ Torso Rotate.

CSA Brigadier General

Camera Detachment/ Torso Rotate.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDlx...ature=youtu.be)

To give you some context, I was on the antietam map, the one where the CSA come out of a cornfield to the point. I had just changed to a flag bearer on the CSA side and vaulted the fence. Artillery was coming down near me and then... This. Now the map ended before I could get my recording software up but I picked Flagbearer on CSA when I could spawn in and it was still happening. Also the rolling clouds happened when I alt+tab ed.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9000 View Post
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDlx...ature=youtu.be)

To give you some context, I was on the antietam map, the one where the CSA come out of a cornfield to the point. I had just changed to a flag bearer on the CSA side and vaulted the fence. Artillery was coming down near me and then... This. Now the map ended before I could get my recording software up but I picked Flagbearer on CSA when I could spawn in and it was still happening. Also the rolling clouds happened when I alt+tab ed.
    video is unavailable
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Brigadier General

Try now.
    Edit: And sorry about that.

Looks like you've managed to completely bug out the free look mechanic. Never seen that before. Did you press anything else than vaulting and were you killed by artillery while vaulting?

- Trusty

CSA Captain

I do this all the time
    20170525183733_1.jpg
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Brigadier General

No, I was not killed, I could still move around while in the match, I could only move at a slow walking speed though. And I do not believe that I pressed anything else whilst vaulting other than W. But I could be wrong as to if I was actually pressing something else or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I do this all the time
    20170525183733_1.jpg
    Yes that is not a bug that's just our freelook system.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by Hal9000 View Post
    No, I was not killed, I could still move around while in the match, I could only move at a slow walking speed though. And I do not believe that I pressed anything else whilst vaulting other than W. But I could be wrong as to if I was actually pressing something else or not.
    Either it's an extremely rare glitch in the freelook code you've encountered or you've done something specific to bug it out (it's usually the latter). please let us know if you manage to reproduce it again, thanks.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Trusty something very similar happened to me. On the Dunker church map as Union, I went into the church aimed my rifle with bayonet fixed. Then after my aim got shakey for some reason my character unfixed his own bayonet, not sure if that was a bug, then the screen went black and white 20170609114844_1.jpg just as it did for Hal but then I tried to free look and I got transported to the sky 20170609114841_1.jpg. After alt tabing out of the game and back in I think I was shot and spawned back. the screen wasn't black and white but I was stuck in free look and couldn't move. When I pressed left-alt again this20170609115013_1.jpg and this20170609115028_1.jpg happened. I'm pretty sure this is one of those rare bugs that won't happen again but it's a bit of a coincidence that this happened on the same day to two people.
    "Better dead than reb"- Someone probably

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rebeldestroyer View Post
    Trusty something very similar happened to me. On the Dunker church map as Union, I went into the church aimed my rifle with bayonet fixed. Then after my aim got shakey for some reason my character unfixed his own bayonet, not sure if that was a bug, then the screen went black and white 20170609114844_1.jpg just as it did for Hal but then I tried to free look and I got transported to the sky 20170609114841_1.jpg. After alt tabing out of the game and back in I think I was shot and spawned back. the screen wasn't black and white but I was stuck in free look and couldn't move. When I pressed left-alt again this20170609115013_1.jpg and this20170609115028_1.jpg happened. I'm pretty sure this is one of those rare bugs that won't happen again but it's a bit of a coincidence that this happened on the same day to two people.
    I can attest this bug has happened to me 3 times since the launch of skirmishes. It often requires you to leave the server or restart your game to fix. It happens upon death and continues through respawn. Often times following you through multiple deaths.

here is a video of the bug, This happened on May 21st, and i didnt think much of it.