Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Double Ranks Event

USA Captain

Seen from a bird perpective it might have been cool for dev's . . . But from my perspective (Rebel side) was it a rather sad experince, during the reinactment. One officer found it apropiate to start an discusion loudly and agressive pointing out the historical details was wrong, that kinda made the intire mood in the lines drop to zero. I am sure the officer was right, about the positions of the troops was wrong, but its not a point to make on the field or in combat. Reinactment or not.
    One insult was totally inapropiate . . . Insulting the EU players for knowing nothing about the civil war, and claming they shut not have officers and command. Its okay to have stand on Things but such thoughts are to be posted here on the forum, not during battel. When we fight its as one unit, following orders, otherwise it wont Work.
    Last edited by TheRegulator; 09-17-2017 at 05:00 PM.

USA General of the Army

It was an honour to be permitted command of the first wave made of the 8thOH. Was sad to somehow be the 2nd man shot though I was behind a good 3 man deep meatshi...I mean line.

I had to leave after this wave and I'm sorry to hear that the Reb side was spoiled by trolls and aggressive Americans with no regards for the German commitment to the war and the general european commitment to the war.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRegulator View Post
    Seen from a bird perpective it might have been cool for dev's . . . But from my perspective (Rebel side) was it a rather sad experince, during the reinactment. One officer found it apropiate to start an diccusion loudly and agressive pointing out the historical details was wrong, that kinda made the intire mood in the lines drop to zero. I am sure the officer was right, about the positions of the troops was wrong, but its not a point to make on the field or in combat. Reinactment or not.
    One insult was totally inapropiate . . . Insulting the EU players for knowing nothing about the civil war, and claming they shut not have officers and command. Its okay to have stand on Things but such thoughts are to be posted here on the forum, not during battel. When we fight its as one unit, following orders, otherwise it wont Work.
    The funny thing is also is that the historical details that he was trying to point out where incorrect. Saying that there was no one killed in the the Bloody Lane.... As well they were trying to say that the Confederates at the sunken roads did not get flanked . As well historical inaccuracies that they were trying to say happen that never did. And all this stuff that they were trying to say we were doing incorrect could be simply proven correct to them just by looking at the Antietam battle map. The reenactment was to be done as close as we could possibly do it with the time that we were given and the numbers that were imgame . Yes we did have a few hiccups for instance the whole Union line died from artillery. And another instance was the whole Confederate line dying from artillery. Other than that we had a good time regardless of the trolls and lost causes that we're trying to destroy the event.

USA General of the Army

Pardon me if I don't understand the Rules of Engagement for this Event since I was unable to attend but ...
    To have this event be "Historically Accurate" you asked the Confederate side to stand in one spot and get massacred?
    When they refused to die "on cue" they were labeled Trouble Makers and Trolls?
    Perhaps, it would have been easier to "Overrun them Historically" if you had set up a signal in Teamspeak for them to hit the Respawn button. Then it would be guaranteed that they don't shoot back.
    I would appreciate it greatly, as would many I imagine, if these "Historical" rules could be announced in the Event Thread ahead of time ...
    I would like to NOT attend them, as well. Thanks

I,for one, plan to change History by winning every engagement and perhaps the War itself.
    Last edited by John Cooley; 09-17-2017 at 05:22 PM.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout
    in the 1st Arkansas Cavalry Regiment (Dobbin's) Company K
    My Avatar flies his Unit Guidon to Honor his Service.
    My Credo is a simple one ... Unit before Self with Honor above ALL else.

CSA Major

Then go to a different server. It doesn't make sense to join a server with a planned event, and then complain and make demands. We ALL paid the cash to play the game. We all deserved to play it the way we want to. You don't like it, then go somewhere else. There are plenty of empty servers for you to rewrite history. It is the epitome of arrogance to enter a planned event, interrupt the proceedings, make demands, and insult the players and their intentions. And a perfect example of that is the comment "I, for one, plan to change History by winning every engagement and perhaps the War itself"...like you are the most important player on the server.
    Last edited by LJPII; 09-17-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

CSA Major

Oh, and I do recall the comment being made by the certain "commander", stating that they have a scheduled event at that time, blah blah blah...so I think the real problem wasn't historical accuracy, but that this event was taking all the players that would have been at his event. I could be wrong about this, but that's what it sounded like to me. If I do have it right, though, it seems his intention was to come onto the server and purposely cause problems. And, because there was already comments made, on this thread, about conflicting event times and dates, it makes perfect sense to me.
    Pvt. L.J. Perreira

USA General of the Army

Wow ... Name Calling when disagreed with ... how original.
    Having heard both sides of the argument, and explanation of what each side FELT happened ...
    I would say there is a need for better communication, as they don't even come CLOSE to being similar stories.

Again, we are destined to all have our own Locked Servers where nobody plays if we can't be civil and we continue to take any criticism or not understood actions as personal Attacks, Trouble Making or Trolling.
    My Great Great Grandfather, Isaac MacDonal Cooley, served as a Pathfinder Cavalry Scout

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Wow ... Name Calling when disagreed with ... how original.
    Having heard both sides of the argument, and explanation of what each side FELT happened ...
    I would say there is a need for better communication, as they don't even come CLOSE to being similar stories.

Again, we are destined to all have our own Locked Servers where nobody plays if we can't be civil and we continue to take any criticism or not understood actions as personal Attacks, Trouble Making or Trolling.
    Do you think someone like "that commander" will actually pay for a server if they had the audacity to justify their actions by saying they paid a whopping $69 dollars for the game?

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by F. L. Villarreal View Post
    Do you think someone like "that commander" will actually pay for a server if they had the audacity to justify their actions by saying they paid a whopping $69 dollars for the game?
    Good Point ...
    Hard to say since I also didn't think that there would be so many 10 year olds who would get mommy to fork over the dough for alpha access.
    Let us assume that EVERY troll can't afford a server ... won't that turn Open Servers into Troll Town? /shudder
    Maybe we can all pitch in and by them a server to hang out in? lol Can we lock them from the OUTSIDE?

We do digress from Topic a bit, though.
    My Apologies, Gentlemen

CSA Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by John Cooley View Post
    Good Point ...
    Hard to say since I also didn't think that there would be so many 10 year olds who would get mommy to fork over the dough for alpha access.
    Let us assume that EVERY troll can't afford a server ... won't that turn Open Servers into Troll Town? /shudder
    Maybe we can all pitch in and by them a server to hang out in? lol Can we lock them from the OUTSIDE?

We do digress from Topic a bit, though.
    My Apologies, Gentlemen
    lol there's a thought! We can hook up all the little trolls with their own server.